DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: PHOENIX - 1/26/2019

Dolfan in NYC

47 minutes ago, dokdoyle said:

6 Guys

3 "Heels"

3 "Faces"

I mean, there is a Elimination Chamber PPV coming up, and would it be a shock that that Papa H may be looking for a little bit of cross over for a group of people where most of them are going to end up on the main roster eventually.

I'd considered the idea of a chamber match, but Mania weekend would be too soon for them to dust that thing off again. So I love the idea of them on the actual Elimination Chamber PPV. I doubt they'd do it, but I love the idea.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Still, what is Mania, like 2/3 tapings away? A 6 man for Takeover could be conceivable but there's a bunch of time to fill before the next Takeover.

Gargano/Ciampa for all the gold makes the most sense ?.

They could definitely blow this thing off in a six man tag in two weeks. No doubt. But the more I sit with this idea, the more I like a ladder match to close the books on this period in NXT. In addition to the benefit of letting new guys shine on the Mania weekend card, there's a lot of history that can be played up to tickle the fancy of the long-term storytelling lovers. These six guys have dominated the top of the NXT card for well over a year with a lot of that time spent battling one another.

Velveteen Dream: History and big matches against Black, Ricochet, Gargano, and Ciampa. Just started feuding with Cole.

Ricochet: History and big matches against Gargano, Cole, and Dream. 

Black: History and big matches with Gargano, Ciampa, Velveteen, and Cole. 

Gargano: History and big matches with Ciampa, Black, Ricochet, and Velveteen.

Ciampa: History and big matches with Gargano, Black, and Velveteen.

Cole: History and big matches with Black and Ricochet. Feuding with Velveteen. Won last year's NXT ladder match. 

If the deck is getting cleared after Mania, letting these six settle all family business would be a fitting end.  And a ladder match would be a great follow-up to last year's Mania-weekend hit. 

Let someone like Deonna Purrazzo or Mia Yim get built up for the WrestleMania weekend Takeover and challenge Shayna Baszler. Ideally, for me, it'd be Deonna, but I'm just ready for the Baszler stuff to be over in NXT. I don't get the opinions that say Belair & Baszler put on an incredible match, or whatever, but I'm also one of those that thinks Ricochet/Gargano was MOTN.

I liked the show as a whole with the Riddle/Ohno match being my least favorite since I've seen it a few times (even live once).

My favorite match was Shayna/Belair I really liked how the match was laid out and I think Shayna's control segments have gotten way better since she's been in NXT. I love the whole deal with her, the nasty offense, the slight vulnerability from her hubris which gives opponents a slight chance but she's got her goon squad who are goofs but juuuust effective enough to give her the edge when it gets tough, so when she does lose, it feels really good.

And I'm a fan of Belair but even I would agree she's not ready to be champ.

• Like 1

I like most TakeOver's and this was no different. I loved Riddle/Ohno, totally delivered everything I wanted to. The tag was awesome, and Hanson was a guy who was always underwhelming to me, but he's really put everything together the past year. He's better every time I see him. really dug Baszler/Belair too. The other two matches weren't always my thing but were executed well for their thing. I had a blast the whole show. 

https://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2019/01/nxt-takeover-phoenix-12619.html

• Like 1

Waiiiiiit...So either Dream borrowed Montez's hat, Montez borrowed Dream's hat, or they both came wearing the same hat. I'm not sure which of those I want to be true, but all options are acceptable. 

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Waiiiiiit...So either Dream borrowed Montez's hat, Montez borrowed Dream's hat, or they both came wearing the same hat. I'm not sure which of those I want to be true, but all options are acceptable. 

You're making an important point and the only acceptable answer is both were wearing the same hat and there was an awkward moment when they crossed one another in the corridor and the ladies on Dream's arm needed to try really hard not to mention the elephant in the room.

I repeat: Important point. 

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

You're making an important point and the only acceptable answer is both were wearing the same hat and there was an awkward moment when they crossed one another in the corridor and the ladies on Dream's arm needed to try really hard not to mention the elephant in the room.

I repeat: Important point. 

To be a fly on the wall when this happened. It also sounds like something from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Curb Your Enthusiasm with Velveteen Dream would bring this board to its knees. 

That would be the greatest thing ever.

15 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

BTW, were the two girls with Dream just random girls or people from the PC?

If they are workers - they would mostly like be from Booker's fed

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

I think the brunette was part of Jose's conga line at the Rumble too.

Going back and searching Twitter - more than one person said that both of them where in the Conga Line

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Confirming that Sarah Logan was part of the entrance (In fact most of Rowe's family were a part of it)

Okay, now that is really, really, really fucking cool.  I can't wait to see the BTS video when I get a chance.

On 1/27/2019 at 11:56 PM, Ramo2653 said:

I liked the show as a whole with the Riddle/Ohno match being my least favorite since I've seen it a few times (even live once).

My favorite match was Shayna/Belair I really liked how the match was laid out and I think Shayna's control segments have gotten way better since she's been in NXT. I love the whole deal with her, the nasty offense, the slight vulnerability from her hubris which gives opponents a slight chance but she's got her goon squad who are goofs but juuuust effective enough to give her the edge when it gets tough, so when she does lose, it feels really good.

And I'm a fan of Belair but even I would agree she's not ready to be champ.

I don't think there was a better wrestling moment from Takeover than when Belair didn't know where to go when she had Shayna down and the referee was bumped.  It was a great moment where the less experienced wrestler is stymied and unable to make a decision when choosing either one would have been a better choice than freaking out until the run in.  I loved how the focus lost felt organic and real.  Belair failed attempts to break the second choke was also super duper.

I would love to see Gargano just blow someone out in 5 minutes one time.  Is there any time when he would not try for 'the good match'?  I feel like he's been doing that for years straight.

Stop screaming Mauro, you joke.  You cannot put every single moment of the show over like its the greatest Nitro of all time.  If everything is important, nothing is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1