DVDVR Message Board

2019 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

Last of Us is a masterpiece though. Everyone should play it once at least.... maybe the sequel is getting imminent and they're putting it out free now to help hype that?

I have The Last of Us on my PS3 due to my older brother picking it up for me, but I never did really get far in it. Haven;t hooked up the PS3 at my sister's house these last two years so there was no real chance for me to go back and try it again so this actually works well for me, especially since i bought the DLC on the PS4 since you could apparently play it stand alone and it was super cheap at the time.

The PS4 version is significantly better. It runs at a much higher frame rate (configurable) and is just a better experience overall. 

I found the first quarter of the game to be pretty terrible. I gave up on it on the PS3. But I gave it another shot on the PS4, pushed through, and ended up loving it. Great game. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with Casey's sentiment. Now, I don't have the Game Pass so in theory I am "relying" on Games with Gold to give me stuff (I used quotes because I have Games with Gold due to wanting to play multiplayer.)

Funnily enough I think the last thing I got from Games with Gold was NHL 19 and I played one game and then never fired it up again.

Honestly - I get disappointed when there isn't something I want but I also don't need to add to my pile of shame

OH! and they offered Hitman in the last two months which means they do often through out a banger

• 3 weeks later...

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

I've been waiting for the Fallout 76 overhaul since I got it last year in a buy 2 get 1 free deal.

I have a friend that loves that game, and I'm surprised there's a community around it given how bad it sounded upon release.