DVDVR Message Board

2019 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

Already had Arkham Knight but weirdly enough it's a British disc (birthday present for my son from my stepmom) so hey I'll take a new digital US copy. Shit, anything I own digital please, I take my system on work trips and don't like bringing any discs. 

12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I never played Darksiders 2 and only heard it was nowhere near as good as Darksiders. For Darksiders 3, the only thing I heard about it is that it's nothing like Darksiders. But hell, it's a free download, so why not.

Same thing with Arkham Knight. I only ever played the first game in that series. I assume the rest of the series is solid.

Arkham City was amazing and has one of the best boss fights of any game in it.  Knight is good, although it's a little TOO Batmobile heavy and the boss fights were bland and uninspired, especially after WB Games made a fucking fantastic series of boss fights in Origins (even if the game is bugged to hell and not likely to get a current gen re-release)

• Thanks 1

There's this part early on where you have to drag the batmobile onto some rooftops and take it from roof to roof so you can rev up some generator.  GARBAGE 

Doesn't Batman have some flying G.I. Joe bubbles or something else?

It was such a beautiful looking game that was so close to greatness if not for the overreliance on the batmobile. Shame. I was looking around what Rocksteady was up to and they're pretty tight lipped though there are a handful of articles pointing towards another Batman game or at least WB Studios working on another Batman game.

I'd actually love for them to do a game where detective and traversal shit took more of a backseat to combat and fucking people up

Like a Ninja Turtles game or something.  Something that uses the tag mechanic from the Arkham games

Edited by Tromatagon

It wouldn't be so bad if three previous games hadn't perfected flying through the skies as THE fucking Batman. It would be like if the next Spider-Man game makes you roam around NYC in the Spider-Tank or something. 

1 minute ago, christopher.annino said:

It wouldn't be so bad if three previous games hadn't perfected flying through the skies as THE fucking Batman. It would be like if the next Spider-Man game makes you roam around NYC in the Spider-Mobile or something. 

Sold

I've had Arkham Knight since about 3 months after it came out, when Amazon did the obscenely early sale on the digital-code version.  I am just not wired right for that Harley predator sequence and have never taken the time to go back and try again on easy.  I want the story, I want the fighting and some of the predator stuff, but playing Batmobile Battlezone was so obnoxious, and I'm so bad at the much-more-complicated-than-City Predator sequences, that it's never been something I could prioritize.

My biggest takeaway of Knight was that the story was on the good side, and there's a lot of good stuff, but they tried to do WAAAAYYY too much and cram way too much into the game, where a lot of the stuff doesn't fit the narrative.  

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:53 PM, kenyabaxterZXW said:

Xbox Games with Gold for September 2019 

Xbox One

Xbox 360

Well, fuck.  I totally need to download Hitman ASA-fucking-P.

I started downloading Hitman before bailing for work.  I have a feeling that the stress of Comp play in D2 on Sunday will cause me to rage quit and then I will start playing Hitman and get hooked.

16 hours ago, J.T. said:

I started downloading Hitman before bailing for work.  I have a feeling that the stress of Comp play in D2 on Sunday will cause me to rage quit and then I will start playing Hitman and get hooked.

I love Hitman so much and I really need to get Hitman 2

• 3 weeks later...