DVDVR Message Board

2019 Game Deals, Subscriptions Etc.

From Polygon:

Sony is switching up this month’s PlayStation Plus freebies, swapping in Quantic Dream’s Detroit: Become Human and removing the previously announced game, Konami’s Pro Evolution Soccer 2019.

PlayStation Plus subscribers will still get Horizon Chase Turbo, the retro-inspired arcade-style racer from developer Aquiris Game Studio. And thanks to Sony giving subscribers the digital deluxe edition of Detroit: Become Human, they’ll also get the PlayStation 4 version of Heavy Rain as part of this month’s offering. (Heavy Rain was previously given away through PlayStation Plus in July 2018.)

Sony did not explain the reason for this month’s last-minute change to July’s PlayStation Plus games on its blog, and it’s rare for the company to alter the list of free PS Plus offerings

Edited by Chaos

Aw man, WTF. I really wanted to play PES too. I don't give a fuck about another David Cage game where he really tries to nail people talking to other people and/or robots. 

That's disappointing as hell, I'm not much of a sports games person but was kinda looking forward to trying PES.  Horizon Chase is still fun, though, and has some excellent 90s-ass music from the guy who scored Kemco's old Top Gear series

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Aw man, WTF. I really wanted to play PES too. I don't give a fuck about another David Cage game where he really tries to nail people talking to other people and/or robots. 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0101-CUSA14034_00-PES2019F2P000000

A free-to-play version of 'PES 2019' is here!*

Now you can play the Online myClub and PES LEAGUE Mode, as well as the Offline Exhibition Match and Training Mode all for free!

Create your very own dream team with myClub, where current and historic superstars can be signed. World renowned legendary players like Beckham and Maradona feature, as well as FC Barcelona's Ronaldinho, and Inter's Recoba, Cambiasso, Djorkaeff and Adriano. More Legend players will appear in-game throughout the year in myClub!

Aim to be the best PES player in the world by competing in this season's PES LEAGUE. Users will be able to qualify for global events by participating in the CO-OP (3v3) ONLINE Championship, time limited tournaments, or the newly introduced PES LEAGUE myClub - either in 1v1 or CO-OP competitions.

PES LEAGUE is an online mode which features exciting tournaments to compete against each other to become the best PES player in the world.

Heavy Rain was on PS+ last year (so was Beyond Two Souls). I tried playing it for an hour. Didn't enjoy it. Seemed a non-stop misery fest.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2019 at 7:40 AM, Neil Koch said:

EA Access is on PS4 now, anyone try this out?  Kind of interested in it because of the sports games, which I tend to lose interest in pretty quickly.

I found value in the Xbox one for the price $30 (sometimes you can find a digital pass for $25) for a year. I play my PS4 more, so I considered this, but the back compat library makes it a significantly better value on the Xbox One.

I did not know walmart and target were doing brand new switch games for 50 bucks.  I went to my local walmart and Ultimate alliance, Fire Emblem, Smash etc were all at 50 bucks.  You gotta remember this is the place still selling Codename S.T.E.A.M. for 35 bucks.  Fire Emblem was sold out so I ordered off Target.  That game ain't gon' be no 21 dollar bargain bin deal outside of a digital sale 15 years from now.  Heh, "digital" "sale".   Outside of my Metroid Prime 4 preorder that's still locked in that old 10 bucks off price on Amazon I don't know if I'll order from them again for switch games.

On the other hand I just pre ordered that Timespinner game off limited run.  So I'm already fucking up.  I want those damn Contra and Castlevania collections on limited run shits.

• 3 weeks later...

I never played Darksiders 2 and only heard it was nowhere near as good as Darksiders. For Darksiders 3, the only thing I heard about it is that it's nothing like Darksiders. But hell, it's a free download, so why not.

Same thing with Arkham Knight. I only ever played the first game in that series. I assume the rest of the series is solid.