DVDVR Message Board

2019 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

10 hours ago, OSJ said:

Word is that he's fucked. A couple of his boys have supposedly rolled over on him. We won't see anything official until a conviction is close, but word on the street is that he's going to get nailed to the wall for this one.

I wonder if it's any of the same schmucks who helped him with that bus attack. And his sycophant cocksuckers at Mac Life.

Apparently, Conor is also being investigated by Irish police for a bar altercation last Saturday with some guy who was ridiculing him about the Khabib fight among other stuff.

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Apparently, Conor is also being investigated by Irish police for a bar altercation last Saturday with some guy who was ridiculing him about the Khabib fight among other stuff.

Only in Ireland will you find people who think it great sport to tease a professional MMA fighter. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

I wonder if it's any of the same schmucks who helped him with that bus attack. And his sycophant cocksuckers at Mac Life.

Could be, it's quite the merry band of thugs that he runs with.

• Haha 2

Ross Pearson has retired from MMA. I knew he had a rough run the past few years, but I had no idea he dropped 7 out of his last 9. It probably would have been best to put a bow on it after the Hooker fight, but I guess he wanted to see if he could turn the tide. Hopefully, he doesn't have to do stuff like Bare Knuckle FC because I don't see that turning out as a good decision given his recent performances.

11 hours ago, supremebve said:

I'm really starting to think that people who decide to fight in a cage for a living are generally assholes.

The issue with BJ is for the longest he has been his own boss. Floyd Mayweather at least was under the tutelage of J Prince for a few years and then Al Haymon.  He at least had the opportunity to get gamed up. Who in the hell is going to tell BJ Penn anything? The man is literally out on an island. He never needed to do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and then eventually MMA in the first goddamn place. So if fighting is the only thing keeping him sane, that does not portend to good things. Winning in a combat sports is a bastion of masculinity. Getting your ass handed to you by folks you obviously feel you would have decimated in your prime is not so great for the ego. The sad thing is I don't think winning a fight is going to do him any favors either. People would know he's just a guy on the roster even if he got a legit win. Just like a bunch of fighters who refuse to bow out, he doesn't want to be just another guy.

On 4/17/2019 at 7:58 AM, AxB said:

Angela Magana is in a coma following surgery. Didn't wake up from anaesthetic.

According to the MMA Junkie twitter, she has come out of the coma.

• Like 2

I was wondering what happened to Diogenes Assahida after he trained Rashad for the Tito Ortiz fight at UFC 133. Apparently, he is beating the shit out of punks who disrespect him. He also broke out a guillotine and full guard in addition to punching the everloving shit out of this guy in the clinch. No wonder Anderson was able to do that Leben and Rich Franklin so easily. He had this guy teaching him.

5 hours ago, Execproducer said:

Wait, walking by a gym that you live next to wearing another team's shirt makes you a disrespectful punk?

According to sources, he has a history with his student. Allegedly, he was talking shit to Diogenes months beforehand while passing the gym in addition to badmouthing him at the other gym.  If you know the split with your trainer was less than amicable and that most of the guys are crazy about allegiance, the last thing you should do is antagonize him. This goes especially if he is a nutty ex Rudimar Fedrigo guy who still believes in loyalty like that. Should he have beat him up like it was 2003 or 2004 when more trainers and fighters where ravenous about dudes switching teams? Probably not since this guy is a nobody. As you can see he let this guy gets a little too under his skin. Diogenes is a sixty years old and probably shouldn't be having street fights. However, if this guy went out of his way to taunt Diogenes, it's hard to feel all that sorry for him. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, supremebve said:

So, when did that 6-month suspension start?

October 6. He was eligible to return on March 6. The only one who is still suspended out of those ostarine failures is Nicco Montano. She will be eligible to return on May 15.

UFC 242 is going to be in Abu Dhabi, which begins a 5 year deal with one event taking place there a year. Right now, the expectation is Khabib fighting Dustin Poirier on that card.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

UFC 242 is going to be in Abu Dhabi, which begins a 5 year deal with one event taking place there a year. Right now, the expectation is Khabib fighting Dustin Poirier on that card.

This the first Abu Dhabi UFC since Silva vs. Maia in 2010?

Just now, The Natural said:

This the first Abu Dhabi UFC since Silva vs. Maia in 2010?

Technically, Big Nog vs. Roy Nelson was. However, it's the first PPV/numbered event since 112.

• Thanks 1