DVDVR Message Board

2019 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Sweet. Big fight for Ribas and should be absolute destruction. The hand speed and technique difference will be incredibly pronounced. Fuck, distance control alone could make the fight a breeze for Ribas. She'll be able to get in and out while PVZ flails away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Bloody hell. Somebody saw the kidnapping and didn't do anything.

I was hoping against hope this would have a much, much different ending. I just pray that Walt Harris and his family can find some type of solace that will get them through their time of grieving. No one, especially someone that young with her entire future ahead of her, deserves to lose their life like that. Just absolutely terrible.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

Before/After April 15 when Tony Ferguson gets struck by lightning.

That's not random enough. I'm more worried about him coming down with a rare disease nobody in the U.S. has gotten since the Great Depression like Typhoid fever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

That's not random enough. I'm more worried about him coming down with a rare disease nobody in the U.S. has gotten since the Great Depression like Typhoid fever.

Not to nitpick and I only know this because my wife is a nurse who talks about all sorts of fucked up things that creep me out, but Typhoid Fever is still present in the United States. There aren't a ton of people who get it and it's probably in the 100s, but it happens.

So that door is DEFINITELY open for Tony.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Not to nitpick and I only know this because my wife is a nurse who talks about all sorts of fucked up things that creep me out, but Typhoid Fever is still present in the United States. There aren't a ton of people who get it and it's probably in the 100s, but it happens.

So that door is DEFINITELY open for Tony.

Craig, there are 330 million people in the United States! Let's say it is 500 people. That is 0.00015% of the population. He would have to be actively trying to get it at a certain point.

49 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Craig, there are 330 million people in the United States! Let's say it is 500 people. That is 0.00015% of the population. He would have to be actively trying to get it at a certain point.

It's Tony. He could manage to make it happen.

• Haha 3

So for those keeping track, 2020 currently has:

UFC 246 in Las Vegas on 1/18: McGregor vs. Cerrone featuring A. Pettis vs. Diego Ferreira, Haqparast vs. Dober, Barber vs. Modafferi, Gadelha vs. Grasso, & Fili vs. Yosuff

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ in Raleigh on 1/25: Blaydes vs. Dos Santos featuring Edgar vs. Sandhagen, RDA vs. Chiesa, Emmett vs. A. Allen, Van Buren vs. Cifers

UFC 247 in Houston on 2/8: Jones vs. Reyes featuring V. Shevchenko vs. Chookagian, D. Lewis vs. Latifi, OSP vs. Spann, KGB Lee vs. Murphy, Ige vs. Bektic

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ in Rio Rancho on 2/15

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ in Auckland on 2/22: Felder vs. Hooker

UFC 248 in Las Vegas on 3/7

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ in Brasilia on 3/14: featuring PVZ vs. Ribas

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ in London on 3/21

UFC 249 in Brooklyn on 4/18: Khabib vs. Ferguson

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Please happen at the fifth time of asking.

On 11/27/2019 at 2:35 PM, Craig H said:

It's Tony. He could manage to make it happen.

I'm betting Bubonic Plague. (Yeah, it's still a thing here in New Mexico, couple of cases a year.) Hint: if your property is mouse infested, buy a fucking cat. We have nine and the last time we saw a mouse it was a field mouse and it was dead, dead, dead. Seven was proudly carrying it around as it was something different to kill than lizards. 

On 11/29/2019 at 10:43 PM, The Natural said:

Be careful, when you say something five times Volk Han will come to your house and tie you into knots.

• Like 1