DVDVR Message Board

2019 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

51 minutes ago, AA484 said:

Yeah, I was looking for the UFC 236 prelims that aired on ESPN.  Pretty asinine that it is not available when I pay for both ESPN and ESPN+ and it's not available this long after the fact.

ESPN+ is not a substitute for ESPN. I mean at best, you can check on WatchESPN app if you have a cable subscription. However, with that show happening almost 2 months ago, you're SOL if you didn't DVR it.

19 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

ESPN+ is not a substitute for ESPN. I mean at best, you can check on WatchESPN app if you have a cable subscription. However, with that show happening almost 2 months ago, you're SOL if you didn't DVR it.

I have the ESPN app; I don't believe there is a separate Watch ESPN app for Roku.  They seem to only have the + shows archived.  I'm not sure when the ESPN/ESPN2 stuff will become available, if at all.

Count me as someone who has had trouble finding UFC replays on ESPN+ soon after airing.  I tried to watch a card the next morning, and it was like it never happened.  I was able to find it on the website, but when I tried to find it on the app so I could watch it on TV, it was nowhere to be found.  

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

Count me as someone who has had trouble finding UFC replays on ESPN+ soon after airing.  I tried to watch a card the next morning, and it was like it never happened.  I was able to find it on the website, but when I tried to find it on the app so I could watch it on TV, it was nowhere to be found.  

Yeah, I only watch it on the website or app on my phone since I don't have a smart TV. I've never had trouble finding it since it's right there when the page loads. 

Box Office? We already pay for the channels, now they want to put UFC on PPV on top of that? Hope it does zero buys, so they don't try it again.

• Like 1

Just now, AxB said:

Box Office? We already pay for the channels, now they want to put UFC on PPV on top of that? Hope it does zero buys, so they don't try it again.

I agree. First you've read about it?

Invicta FC Phoenix Rising tournament winner Brianna Van Buren is replacing Cynthia Cavillo (who John Morgan saw in Chicago in a walking boot) against Livinha Souza on the UFC card in Sacramento.

4 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Jesus Christ, again. Not quite as bad but a massive gulf in talent that could end badly. 

What matchup at 125 isn't that with Valentina?

4 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Other than Joanna? Nobody. It's like a bigger gulf than when Silva ran roughshod over the middleweight division at his peak. 

You can't even say Joanna because she's heading back to 115. I would say Andrea Lee could potentially pose a problem down the road, but I think she is still a ways away. There was nothing in Chookagian vs. Calderwood that would make you believe that the winner really deserved a title fight. Therefore, Carmouche got by default with a H2H win from awhile back.

Since Carmouche has been moved to the title fight, Jennifer Maia is replacing her against Roxanne Modafferi in a rematch of their 2016 Invicta fight on the San Antonio card.

On 6/8/2019 at 7:29 PM, The Natural said:

Hmm... upon further review, the last Tyson Fury fight was on BTSport Box Office last weekend, and is going to be on BT Sport for free like tomorrow. So maybe they're doing the HBO thing and putting the PPVs on free TV not long afterwards.