DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2018-19 - Period Two

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Ah yes, the thing that was wrong with the Ottawa Senators *checks notes* the head coach.

To be fair, a complete lack of talent was one problem with Ottawa but effort was also a major problem in the games of theirs that I saw this year.

I sometimes wonder what the few Ottawa senators fans did to deserve this. Keep in mind I am a Canucks fan. One of the few hockey teams we can look down on. Guy Boucher deserves better. 

Can the league step in if they see an ownership group devaluing one of their teams to such a degree?

2 hours ago, DouglasC said:

When the team qualifies for a  twitter moments thread as misery-filled as this one, it has been a ghastly year.

That was funny and awful all at once.  Sens fans, you have my sympathy.

One (semi-) small thing - Codi Ceci didn't set his friend's girlfriend on fire.  His girlfriend did in a horrific accident.

Edited by Tabe

Housley has Risto/Scandella as our top D pairing tonight. I would like to congratulate McDavid in advance for the hat trick he is going to end up with #thetankisback.

The corpse of Jason Pominville with probably the most awful play in NHL history tonight. I don't know how to post stuff from Twitter so Odessa can do the honors.

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:

RIP Ted Lindsay, age 93

No Red Wing can ever compete with Gordie or Stevie in the hearts of Detroit fans but Ted was way, way up the list. Great player and a class act as the above tweet indicates. And, oh yeah, he started the NHLPA. 

A piece of Sabres folklore died today with the sale of Carruba Collision to another auto body company who will be getting rid of the name. Carruba sponsored the Carruba Collision of the game on our broadcasts and in the arena for decades and was so synonymous with the team that often after big hits Rick Jeanerett would exclaim "Are you listening Carruba???".