DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2018-19 - Period Two

Dolfan in NYC

So the Rangers could be sitting on 4 first round picks.

They have their own and Winnipeg's definitely

They get Dallas' if Zuccarello re-signs with the Stars

They get TB's if the Lightning win the Cup

(Both of those are 2nd rounders otherwise)

Still feel bad for Hank though

Guest The Magnificent 7
5 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Edmonton did literally nothing because, honestly, past their untouchable guys why would you want the rest?

You mean to tell me no one wanted to take Puljujarvi once Edmonton floated that sweetener of Lucic’s contract to boot?

Shocking. 

The Jets will take all your left handed depth defensemen.

I feel like the Jets could have bettered the offer for Stone, but there's no way they could have signed him for 8/9m, I'm guessing that was the deal breaker if talks ever got serious.

1 minute ago, elizium said:

They send the Cup around for charity events sometimes, maybe that's what he meant?

He was talking about the 67's winning the Memorial Cup.

I mean, they are putting themselves in a strong position in terms of prospects and picks over the next three years but... Melnyk is still the owner, he's not going to pay the players that actually develop, and it's going to be the same shit over again. I don't think anyone is really on board here.

• Like 1

And the Sabres have just passed the Oilers for the title of most sad and hopeless organization in all of hockey. Our owner does nothing but hire totally incompetent people. I didn't think it was possible to come up with two bigger fuck ups than Murray and Abysmal but the Pegulias actually went and found two people even more incompetent. Our GM is talking in glowing terms about how much the team has improved (He actually called being top of the league in November "a great accomplishment") and I'm thinking the guy must be totally messed up on bath salts. And Phil Housley, worst coach in the league by miles has complete job security despite his Doug Weight level destruction of our season with his total idiocy. The guy throws Vlad Sobotka, the worst most useless slug to ever put on a Sabres uniform who is just collecting a check and gives as little effort as possible, against every other team's top line which only helps us get killed. He does line combos that every sane person can see won't work (like having Risto and Scandella as our top D pairing when everybody can see they bring out the worst in each other when on the ice together) and when he lucks into something that works he breaks it up right away. And of course he the tactical accumen of a brick and is incapable of making in game adjustments. The whole situation is just a disgrace.

Detroit was only mildly active at the trade deadline, ditching NIck Jensen (their only good defenseman) and Gus Nyquist (who has rebounded a little thanks to playing with Dylan Larkin).  All the guys they actually wanted to get rid of - Vanek, Ericsson, Green, Glendening, Daley and several others - all stayed put.  Because they're all wildly overpaid and no one wants them.  

Detroit then went out and celebrated making it to the trade deadline with their worst performance I can remember since the 40pt year back in the mid-80s, losing 8-1 to Montreal.  Several guys had mysterious "upper body" injuries, like Vanek and Daley.  The guys in the lineup then went out and played as if they were disappointed that they weren't traded.  Embarrassing.  And then they ran a video of Trevor Daley - remember, he was "injured" - playing hockey with some youths at a practice the night before the game.  

Maybe this is all a big setup to Stevie Y coming back home.

Fuck Disneyworld: 1255 Hempstead Turnpike is the happiest place on earth tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EAT SHIT AND DIE YOU TORONTO MEDIA HACKS!!!!!!!!!

Hey after the cheapshot he took on Andres on Twitter I wonder what Sid Douche from the abortion known as Tim & Sid thought about the Andres Lee goal tonight?