DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2018-19 - Period Two

Dolfan in NYC

Detroit finally came back from the All-Star break with a highly, highly entertaining game against Toronto Friday night.  First period was a little sloppy, last two were great with tons of action.  Toronto tied it lied on a (pretty questionable) goal from Patrick Marleau who appeared to punch the puck into the net with his hand.  Overtime had the usual great action highlighted by Dylan Larkin busting tail to get back to help on a 2-on-1 and apparently pulling a muscle in his side.  He dropped like he'd been shot but somehow toughed it out, stayed on the ice because he kinda had to, and even got off a pretty tough shot at the other end before heading down to the training room. Exactly the kind of play you see so often from hockey players and exactly the kind of effort that demonstrates why Larkin will be Detroit's captain next season.  Detroit ended up winning 3-2 shortly after.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

lol Ducks

Couldn't happen to a nicer team

They are a shitty version of the old Flyers except they have no fans and nobody cares about them.

2 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Blues have quietly gotten back in the playoff race and outshot teams 16 games in a row.

But how is that possible? People on Sabres HF keep saying ROR is a cancer whose sadness destroys every team he plays for. They aren't total clueless nitwits right???

46 minutes ago, sabremike said:

But how is that possible? People on Sabres HF keep saying ROR is a cancer whose sadness destroys every team he plays for. They aren't total clueless nitwits right???

I’m glad you said it, because if the Blues make the playoffs and the Sabres don’t there are some in your fanbase I may need to tell off a tad bit.

8 hours ago, El Dragon said:

I’m glad you said it, because if the Blues make the playoffs and the Sabres don’t there are some in your fanbase I may need to tell off a tad bit.

Tage has actually gotten better and appears to have finally gotten over the bitter disappointment of losing his cushy gig as the Toys R Us mascot. He has toe dragged his way into my heart!!! I only watch Sabres games just to see him perform his magical toe drag! #TeamMagicGiraffe #ToeDragArmy

Sabres have done very little right but one great move was locking up Jack for 8 years at $10 million. As salaries rise that contract is going to get better and better.

I nearly ended up suffering an aneurysm losing my mind in the 300's tonight watching that blithering idiot Housley insist on throwing out fucking Vladimir Sobotka in a 3 on 3 OT, then got officials who were idiots.

I've mentioned it on here before, but if you haven't watched Andreas Athanasiou play, you are missing out.  He's incredibly fast and good for (literally) a breakaway per game.  Last night against Ottawa, he scored a goal simply by blowing around a defenseman with seemingly not enough room to do so.  He followed that up with a penalty shot goal off another breakaway.  He's leading the league in penalty shot attempts (3) and goals (2).  AA is still a little inconsistent but he's incredibly dynamic and growing as a player all the time.  He'll probably end up with 25-30 goals this year.  Anyway, he's fun to watch.  Check him out.

There have been plenty of terrible players to have worn a Sabres uniform but there is nobody who was a bigger pile of garbage than Vladimir Sobotka. The fact that he sucks is bad enough but I have never seen a guy who cares less about his job. Every single game he just phones it in and clearly is just collecting a paycheck. It is an absolute joke that this guy is allowed to disgrace our uniform, it just makes me sick.