DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2018-19 - Period Two

Dolfan in NYC

He is like Ted trying to get fired from his job but instead just keeps getting promoted. Really Chia is a symptom of the biggest problem which is that I wouldn't expect Katz to be able to successfully own and operate a Tim Hortons much less an NHL team.

The thing is, I fully believe the team is being run by committee at this point, so I have no hope of actual improvement in the foreseeable future. It's so painful seeing McDavid, Draisaitl, and Nugent-Hopkins saddled with this nonsense organization.

Talbot is obviously gone or this deal never gets signed. Also the Oilers have to clear cap space just to get Sekera off of IR at this point so we can all add 2 and 2 on this one.

• Like 1

Don't bother. Bob Nicholson on the interim role? The Oilers need "more character" to support McDavid. That's right, the problem with the Oilers whose best winger is a center, and second best winger was a PTO walk-on, is lack of character.

The rest of the committee is still here. Same dinosaur concept of the sport. Nothing has changed save for the name on the paycheck. This was nothing more but step 1 in what's going to be a long, painful process.

Time is a flat circle.

9 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Don't bother. Bob Nicholson on the interim role? The Oilers need "more character" to support McDavid. That's right, the problem with the Oilers whose best winger is a center, and second best winger was a PTO walk-on, is lack of character.

The rest of the committee is still here. Same dinosaur concept of the sport. Nothing has changed save for the name on the paycheck. This was nothing more but step 1 in what's going to be a long, painful process.

Time is a flat circle.

"The beatings will continue until morale improves".

• Haha 1

Weird hockey fact of the day: according to the Sabres PR Department there are actually 3 different Sabretooths (Sabreteeth?) stationed around Key Bank Arena. Learning this made me feel the same as when I learned there was no Santa Claus as a kid.

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

This is crazy. McDavid literally just came out and said that they're not going to outskill anyone. But let's not listen to the best player in the world or anything...

26 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Based on the game against Detroit last night, it looks like Edmonton could use some goaltending to go with that "character". 

Could be worse: they could've signed their goalie to a long term $4.5 million deal last week.

10 hours ago, sabremike said:

Could be worse: they could've signed their goalie to a long term $4.5 million deal last week.

That would be terrible. Oh wait... 

Maybe this has been around on NBC for a while but when did they add the old Fox puck tracker thing to their broadcasts.  Granted it isn't as goofy as the FOX one but strange 

Actually it isn't a puck tracker it seems to be an offensive player tracker and I saw about 3 or 4 blue lines on that last goal about a second ago

Cleary a good move for this year, but next year's salary cap is tightening like a noose. They have 19 million left under the cap, but only have 13 players under contract. Contracts they need to get done for next season include Matthews, Marner, and Gardiner.

• Haha 1