DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2019

Lawful Metal

Well, Wonder Carnival is pretty underwhelming.

In other news - a titan has fallen: Bodyguard out of the tag league, as his team forfeits their remaining matches.

Edited by Control
  • Sad 1

So, I decided to get back on the AJPW.tv train, what are the best AJPW matches from this year.

(I saw most of the big stuff from the first couple months and I'm watching the Carnival Final right now)

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

So, I decided to get back on the AJPW.tv train, what are the best AJPW matches from this year.

(I saw most of the big stuff from the first couple months and I'm watching the Carnival Final right now)

I can come by with more recommendations later, but here's the stuff I thought was tops of the carnival:

Just the tippy top recommended matches:

Zeus vs Ishikawa (4/25)

Ishikawa vs Okabayashi (4/4)

Ishikawa vs Miyahara (4/14)

Zeus vs Ryouji Sai (4/14)

Zeus vs James (4/13)

Zeus vs Okabayashi (4/21)

Miyahara vs Okabayashi (4/25)

Lee vs Miyahara (4/29)

Zeus vs Miyahara (4/9)

Lee vs Nomura (4/4)

Suwama vs Lee (4/21)

Miyahara vs Aoyagi (4/17)

Suwama vs Nomura (4/28)

James vs Okabayashi (4/20)

Jake Lee vs Nomura (4/28)

I probably rated Ishikawa/Oka too high and James/Oka too low, but whatever, it's a good list.

On 12/4/2019 at 7:57 AM, Control said:

I can come by with more recommendations later, but here's the stuff I thought was tops of the carnival:

Likewise, I've been trying to branch out and watch more non-NJ Japan stuff, specifically NOAH and AJPW but YouTube kinda sucks in this regard unless there's a good account I'm just missing. Where is the treasure trove of modern, preferably free or cheap to watch modern puro?

Weird ass booking. VG losing would kinda invalidate their win, and Zeus and Sai just returning the belts to the guys they got them off of is kinda useless too. Also seems way too soon for another Jake challenge. Would have preferred Valletta, of all people, who has pinned Kento twice this year.