DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2019

Lawful Metal

So, are there any good Tenryu matches during his stint in NOAH? I always looked at his Misawa singles match as the moment he got too old. Mostly because Misawa seemed intent on elbowing multiple concussions into his aged noggin. However, I may be missing some thing.

In light of his impending retirement, just figured I'd pose a question with lots of acceptable answers: 

Who, in your opinion, was Lyger's best opponent? Much as I love the Benoit matches, my favorites were always his big 96 and 97 title matches with Ohtani. There was a chemistry between the two of them that really warranted a longer feud with a more definitive conclusion but I also realize they were making room for Takaiwa (hmmm) and Ka Shin (HMMMMMMMMMM...). Anyway yeah who's yer favourite guy he fought a lot?

6 hours ago, D.Z said:

Sanshiro Takagi is starting up another womens fed. But no relation to DDT but with his own money.

Sounds like he bought an already existing promotion for Miyako Matsumoto. It will have its own style and be separate from the rest of DDT and it's satellites since this was more of a personal purchase.

Edited by Eivion

Important, I think, bits were:

1. They are in talks of bringing more NJPW guys to CMLL in 2020. This likely has to do with NJPWofUSA being more of a thing now so once their USA tour wraps some wrestlers might go for a week or two to CMLL. Or something like that.

2. NJPW would be interested in bringing some CMLL talent for more than just a tour here and there. I guess they might want to use Titan as a semi-regular guy?

3. This might be lost in translation, but Sugabayashi said that he hopes that Kawato can become a star in CMLL before he returns to Japan. Now, I might be reading too much into this, but considering that Kawato has close to zero chance of becoming a star in CMLL... to me it kinda hints that NJPW are not really happy with his performance and he is going to stay in CMLL for a while.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Poor Kawato. He looked to have all the potential in the world before his excursion. Exquisite selling and fire. His techniques were of course simple but performed at a very high level. But he has to go play rudo oriental in Mexico because.

10 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Poor Kawato. He looked to have all the potential in the world before his excursion. Exquisite selling and fire. His techniques were of course simple but performed at a very high level. But he has to go play rudo oriental in Mexico because.

I don’t blame CMLL, or New Japan on this. Several Japanese performers have had really good stints in CMLL. Everyone of them nowhere near as good as Hiromu, but most were able to carve a niche in the company. If Kawato can’t do it, then he has no hope to succeed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Even his final "major" feud against Kikuchi and Kanemaru was phenomenal. Don't think anyone besides Lyger ever had so many memorable rivalries. 

Liger was pretty darn good in CTU vs. Apache Army. The street fight with Jado and Gedo against Kanemaru, HIDO, & Kuroda is so damn good.

• Like 1