DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2019

Lawful Metal

Have not listened to it yet but the VOW flagship podcast reported that MiSu is set to leave NJPW after not digging being phased out. They said he would've already left had it not been for the Liger program. I mean, he's 51 and slowing down noticeably. What did he expect? He's apparently NOAH bound. 

They also said Harold Meij is out after the Dome shows but gave no reason. 

28 minutes ago, Control said:

beefy

Came here to post this. Crazy WWE is letting WALTER work that one date in Japan. Those UK contracts really free them up.

On 10/5/2019 at 7:06 PM, Oyaji said:

Have not listened to it yet but the VOW flagship podcast reported that MiSu is set to leave NJPW after not digging being phased out. They said he would've already left had it not been for the Liger program. I mean, he's 51 and slowing down noticeably. What did he expect? He's apparently NOAH bound. 

They also said Harold Meij is out after the Dome shows but gave no reason. 

Well he likely wants to still be treated as a top guy, but that ship has sailed, at least in NJPW. I guess Liger beats the shit out of him and chases him away? Big question is what happens with the rest of Suzuki Gun guys. ZSJ is signed and I'd assume that Desperado is signed as well since he is home grown talent. I love Kanemaru, but I could live without him. I just hope that Taichi is either signed or does not want to leave.

I saw some speculations that Meij is probably being promoted to higher position in Bushiroad itself.

26 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Outside of some highlights, I've never seen Prince Devitt wrestle before.  Any recommendations of his best bouts in New Japan?  

I think my favourite match of his is Devitt/Taguchi vs Omega/Ibushi from 2010, it won Tokyo sports match of the year award. After that I'd go with 2013 run till the end in NJPW. Creation of Bullet Club is monumental event not only in NJPW, but in wrestling world in general so I think it is definitely worth to see how it all started. I also loved his last match against Taguchi.

Anyway, in more positive news:

• Like 2

I saw that the MiSu and Harold stuff first came from What Culture, so I'm taking that with a mountain of salt until someone more reputable has it (and that doesn't mean VOW either).

1 hour ago, Archibald said:

I think my favourite match of his is Devitt/Taguchi vs Omega/Ibushi from 2010, it won Tokyo sports match of the year award. After that I'd go with 2013 run till the end in NJPW. Creation of Bullet Club is monumental event not only in NJPW, but in wrestling world in general so I think it is definitely worth to see how it all started. I also loved his last match against Taguchi.

Thanks for the tip.  I've just cued up his 3 way with Ki (suited up) and Ibushi.  I'll check out the tag next. 

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Came here to post this. Crazy WWE is letting WALTER work that one date in Japan. Those UK contracts really free them up.

Toni, Xia, & Viper all worked Stardom tours this year, Toni while she was champ.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Toni, Xia, & Viper all worked Stardom tours this year, Toni while she was champ.

Killer Kelly has also done tours with Sendai Girls.

2019 WSTL teams:

The Bomber (James and Doering)

The End (Parrow and Odinson)

Kento and Yuma

Jake and Nomura

Yoshitatsu and Joel Redman

Valetta and Cyber Kong

KAI and Tajiri

Violent Giants 

Zeus and Sai

Sekimoto and Bodyguard

On 10/6/2019 at 1:23 PM, Raziel said:

I saw that the MiSu and Harold stuff first came from What Culture, so I'm taking that with a mountain of salt until someone more reputable has it (and that doesn't mean VOW either).

What Culture just reported what VOW said.

On 10/9/2019 at 11:50 AM, Control said:

2019 WSTL teams:

The Bomber (James and Doering)

The End (Parrow and Odinson)

Kento and Yuma

Jake and Nomura

Yoshitatsu and Joel Redman

Valetta and Cyber Kong

KAI and Tajiri

Violent Giants 

Zeus and Sai

Sekimoto and Bodyguard

how seriously do AJPW take the tag league these days? is it a holiday tour? cos that line up is great and i have free time coming up.

Tag league is serious stuff, usually. I don’t follow any other promotion , but AJ doesn’t give the tag titles to midcarders very often—guys who win the league and the belts are typically main even gets.

Every show is gonna be on their streaming service, which is nice. 

this lineup is pretty similar to last year’s, but it’ll be neat to see Bodyguard and Zeus on opposite teams, and Redman in the tourney. I expect Jake and Nomura will have a good run.

• Like 1

Random question...

I just saw some New Japan results with Tiger Mask in them.  Looked around a bit and saw that it's still TMIV.  I was shocked that he was still in the gimmick.  It always seemed to be a launching pad for an up-and-comer who would eventually shed the mask and go under their own name.  So, my question is, why has IV never done this?

#4 keeps it because he was trained and endorsed by Sayama, unlike Misawa and Kanemoto. Since #4, Sayama endorsed a 5th in Ikuhisa (Minowaman) Minowa, and the Tiger Mask W cartoon had Kota Ibushi under a new mask.

• Thanks 1

Whoa, Big Dave reports that OWE is moving on from China to... Cambodia! Apparently, the money from the Chinese government and other backers dried up once it was realized that there was no real money to be made. CIMA and T-Hawk will continue to work AEW and they are working on bringing back Lindaman as well (visa issue I would assume). Dave said they may bring some of the Chinese wrestlers with them to Cambodia as well as Japan and that T-Hawk and Lindaman will continue working for BJW and Z1.