DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2019

Lawful Metal

1 hour ago, alstein said:

How much of a draw would Kenny and perhaps other AEW talent be for DDT?  Would it be enough to get them to a clear #2 in Japan?

I don't think there's a world of difference between DG and DDT but the AEW acts wouldn't be around enough to cause a shift. Kenny would be popular enough if he were full time, for sure. 

10 hours ago, D.Z said:

ECo-nM5UEAERQwJ?format=jpg&name=large

Just for the heck of it, I started looking at random NJPW cards that would have the bulk of the people on this show on them. Here's one from 2000.

Tag Team Match
Best Of The Super Junior VII 11th Place Match
Shinya Makabe defeats Minoru Fujita (7:19)
Best Of The Super Junior VII 9th Place Match
Dr. Wagner Jr. defeats Kid Romeo (8:33)
Best Of The Super Junior VII 7th Place Match
El Samurai defeats Katsumi Usuda (8:57)
Best Of The Super Junior VII 5th Place Match
Kendo Kashin defeats Koji Kanemoto (7:52)
Best Of The Super Junior VII 3rd Place Match
Minoru Tanaka defeats Gran Hamada (8:01)
Best Of The Super Junior VII Final Match

What is the average age of that card? Kabuki, Fujiwara, Kim Duk, and Kojika gotsta bring that one up big time. I believe Minoru Fujita is the youngest wrestler on the card at the spry age of 41.

BJW "BIG JAPAN DEATH VEGAS", 15.09.2019 (Samurai! TV) 
Yokohama Bunka Gymnasium 

1. Takuho Kato & Akira Hyodo vs. Masaki Morihiro & Kosuke Sato 
2. Abdullah Kobayashi, Hideki Suzuki, Orca Uto & X vs. Frank Atsushi, Kazuki Hashimoto, Tatsuhiko Yoshino, Kota Sekifuda & X 
3. 4 Way Tag Death Match: Ryuji Ito & Yuko Miyamoto vs. Masashi Takeda & Takumi Tsukamoto  vs. Masaya Takahashi & Takayuki Ueki vs. Kankuro Hoshino & Yuki Ishikawa 
4. BJW Jr. Heavyweight Title: TAJIRI (c) vs. Yuya Aoki 
5. Yuji Okabayashi, Ryota Hama & Yasufumi Nakanoue vs. Ryuichi Kawakami, Kazumi Kikuta & Daichi Hashimoto 
6. Saikyou Tag League - Strong Block: Daisuke Sekimoto & The Bodyguard vs. Takuya Nomura & Fuminori Abe  
7. BJW Strong World Heavyweight Title: Kohei Sato  (c) vs. Hideyoshi Kamitani 
8. BJW Death Match Heavyweight Title ~ Fluorescent Lighttubes Scaffold + α Death Match: Isami Kodaka  (c) vs. Toshiyuki Sakuda 

From Purolove

OSW "LAUNCHING BUSINESS", 01.09.2019 
Toko Art Center White Studio 

1. Space Galaxy Warrior Andros besiegt Grand Passion Mask 4 (7:20) mit einem German Suplex Hold. 
2. Masamune besiegt Mizu Tengu Mask (6:53)[/B] mit dem Raikiri. 
3. Noppera-bo w/ Miyako Haru & Alien Gray besiegt Kabuto Beetle (5:10) mit einem Schoolboy. 
4. 3 Way Match: Atsushi Maruyama  besiegt Kikutaro & Kengo Takai (13:58) via Double Pinfall. 
5. Kuishinbo Kamen vs. Miracle Man - No Contest (23:53). 

-0TWSRaT?format=jpg&name=small

OSW is Osaka Style Wrestling because I don't remember if they've popped on this board recently (or at all). I assume it is owned by Kuishinbo Kamen and Miracle Man since they seem to be the only two guys on their roster.
https://osaka-style.fan/index.html

I can't find any OSW matches on youtube so here is Kuishinbo Kamen and Gabaijichan wrestling in a restaurant.

Edited by lostinube
  • Like 1

Nomura v Kento had a very exciting and unpredictable ending sequence.

I think Kento’s TC reign is going to get overlooked for various legit reasons—i.e. it’s AJPW, he’s wrestling the same ol’ Group of challengers, etc.—but he’s having an incredible year.