DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2019

Lawful Metal

Watching G1 undercard matches made me reminiscent for KITAMURA. I looked up his twitter and he's going hard into the bodybuilding world. Tragedy. AJPW needs to sign him up ASAP.

• Like 1

You know when he debuted I thought from all the press he was getting in Japan, that he would be the thing that would help lift Japanese wrestling back up from the depressing pit it fell into after Misawa died. After one show, I realized that wasn’t the case. Thankfully, a year later New Japan finally got the right guy, and didn’t wait to push him to the top like other promotions had done in the past. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

On 7/22/2019 at 2:42 PM, Oyaji said:

Watching G1 undercard matches made me reminiscent for KITAMURA. I looked up his twitter and he's going hard into the bodybuilding world. Tragedy. AJPW needs to sign him up ASAP.

There's a rumor going around he's going to get back into wrestling through TAKA's new promotion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

N-1 VICTORY 2019 ~ NOAH NUMBER ONE PRO-WRESTLING LEAGUE (18.08. - 16.09.2019): 

Block A: 
- Naomichi Marufuji 
- Takashi Sugiura 
- Go Shiozaki 
- Masa Kitamiya 
- Alex Hammerstone  

Block B: 
- Katsuhiko Nakajima 
- Shuhei Taniguchi 
- Kenou 
- Masaaki Mochizuki  
- El Hijo de Dr. Wagner Jr. 

From Purolove.

• Like 1

In other beefcake news, Yuji Hino vs. Asuka from the Fire Festival was super fun! Hino doing half-speed chops early on was hilarious, as was his reaction when Asuka was going for a German suplex. Even when she finally hit it (which was great!), Hino had a look of disbelief as he was going up for it. Love both of these two. I just want a All Japan Beefcake Cup with Okabayashi, Kitamura, Hino, Sekimoto, Shingo (those matches when he was freelancing in BJW were unbelievably great), Ishii, Masa Kitamiya, EVIL, Zeus, Suwama, Higuchi from DDT, and Ishikawa. I would be sooooo happy. The trophy can be a giant gilded steak presented by Franck Ribery. 

Edit: Sekimoto vs. Ohtani, also from day 2 of the Fire Festival, was another really good one with the old man trying to stay in there with the absolute unit. Too bad the show has '90s comm syndrome of having shitty, casual commentary dubbed all over the house sound. 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 2

That is great. Now only if they could fill out their archives even just a little. I appreciate that they posted the May '99 Tenryu/Mutoh IWGP match but I need the title change from December in my life, as it's the superior of the two and those matches need more love. I'd like to watch more '90s NJPW heavyweight footage in general.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Thomas Bugg said:

Can anyone tell me what SANADA matches in AJPW are worth tracking down? 

Here, have a list of the few recommended by Cagematch.

105    26.04.2013    All Japan Pro Wrestling    Go Shiozaki vs. Seiya Sanada        6.50    5
106    08.09.2012    All Japan Pro Wrestling    Seiya Sanada vs. Yuji Okabayashi              
107    04.03.2012    All Japan Pro Wrestling    Seiya Sanada vs. Suwama        4.88    7
108    23.10.2011    All Japan Pro Wrestling    Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi vs. Manabu Soya & Seiya Sanada        8.70    22
109    20.08.2011    All Japan Pro Wrestling    Hiroshi Yamato, KAI, Manabu Soya, Seiya Sanada & Taiyo Kea vs. Kaz Hayashi, Masakatsu Funaki, Minoru, Shuji Kondo & Suwama              
110    12.06.2011    All Japan Pro Wrestling    Daisuke Sekimoto, Yuji Nagata & Yuji Okabayashi vs. Manabu Soya, Seiya Sanada & Suwama              
111    10.06.2011    All Japan Pro Wrestling    Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi vs. Manabu Soya & Seiya Sanada        7.00    8
112    13.04.2011    All Japan Pro Wrestling    Seiya Sanada vs. Yuji Nagata        6.78    8
113    21.03.2011    All Japan Pro Wrestling    Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi vs. Manabu Soya & Seiya Sanada        8.00    10
114    06.02.2011    All Japan Pro Wrestling    Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi vs. Manabu Soya & Seiya Sanada        6.83    5

I feel like there is a good match against Minoru Suzuki I'm forgetting though I can't remember when its from.

I forgot Soya and Sanada were a thing in AJPW. I remember the Sekimoto/Okabyashi tags from then to really look out for being the SMOP matches in BJW and AJPW. 

Edited by Eivion