DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2019

Lawful Metal

On 5/12/2019 at 10:29 PM, iowanole said:

Haven’t read a lot about BJW lately.  Seemed they were doing well with some non death match stuff for a while, but went quiet lately.  Anything of interest there?

Nomura hits people really hard.

Hideki Suzuki has a (not entirely unearned) reparation for working in a (boring) fashion that seems disdainful of his opponent and audience, but that can work really well when he wants to work hard. And yeah, Sekimoto and Okabayashi are prime beef.

1 hour ago, Beech27 said:

Nomura hits people really hard.

Hideki Suzuki has a (not entirely unearned) reparation for working in a (boring) fashion that seems disdainful of his opponent and audience, but that can work really well when he wants to work hard. And yeah, Sekimoto and Okabayashi are prime beef.

Hideki Suzuki is now a chair swinging heel working for boss Abdullah Kobayashi, which I find hilarious. Black tights young boys Kato and Hyodo bring some fire and clubbering. Okabayashi has been on fire on his run to the title. The death side has been down. Takahashi's kind of boring, and Isami is too scrawny to be world champion. Nomura's cool.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this DDT match sounds amazing.

Akito beat (Antonio) Honda on 5/25 in Kitazawa in a Yogi Yogi death match, where in the ring there were two indie wrestlers (Trans-Am Hiroshi and Konaka) meditating. If either Yogi was touched, they would go berserk and attack the person who touched them before going back to meditating.

As @DEAN immediately jumps online to look up his new favorite wrestler...

Not putting this in the Super Juniors thread as an act of wishful thinking.

Also: Stronghearts is hitting Big Japan next on their old time territory style tour, while Nomura is challenging Okabayashi for the heavyweight title.

Trans-Am Hiroshi. He's gone through many looks. He was doing an American gimmick for awhile. I'm sure there's a timeline for the whole weird gimmick.

transamhiroshi.png?w=208&h=300TRANSAM_HIROSHI.jpgtrans-am-fukuda-wins.jpg?w=200&h=300

That’s awful about Aoki. I was really into NOAH 11-12 years ago and he was my favorite of the “young boys” who went on to graduate to a featured wrestler. Had a lot of really fun matches as a plucky underdog that I now want to go back and watch. Damn, RIP.

So sad. Aoki was a super solid hand I got to watch several times in Japan. He was clearly about to have a good run as jr. champ and a firm hand in guiding AJPW’s increasingly bright future. Next Korakuen will be an emotional one