DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2019

Lawful Metal

Checking in on Dallas, and yeah, there are tons of tickets available. I don't think he'll do the G1, though. Too many bumps and New Japan won't struggle to move tickets once they're home. If they wanted him on the Dallas card and he wanted to do it, just give him and Liger fifteen minutes.

22 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I'm super late to the party on this one but I watched Kiyomiya-Sugiura the other day. I haven't been keeping up with anything outside NJPW, any other Kiyomiya matches worth checking out?

Versus Kenoh and Nakajima are both pretty good.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure that they really need Omega for Dallas. Like sure, they'd sell some tickets, but if Kenny is in then someone is out and Kenny is not taking many Ls so you are adjusting entire booking of the block to accommodate him. And after whole thing the narrative that "NJPW needs AEW, because they don't draw without Omega" will get stronger. So its like you'll get some extra ticket sales, but probably damage your brand in the long run and screw up your wrestlers that are there every show.

And from another side I doubt that Omega himself really wants to do G1 and risk injury before their TV show starts. I'd assume that he might be back for some special singles match at some point like Jericho did recently, but nothing long term.

NOAH really digging deep into the pocket books for the Jr. Tag League this year. Contracted talent, cheaper freelancers they always use and one British guy.

Global Jr. Tag League: 
- Yoshinari Ogawa & Kotaro Suzuki 
- Minoru Tanaka & Hi69 
- Daisuke Harada & Tadasuke 
- HAYATA & YO-HEY 
- Hajime Ohara & NOSAWA Rongai 
- Hitoshi Kumano & Chris Ridgeway 
- Junta Miyawaki & Seiya Morohashi 

17 minutes ago, Archibald said:

I'm not sure that they really need Omega for Dallas. Like sure, they'd sell some tickets, but if Kenny is in then someone is out and Kenny is not taking many Ls so you are adjusting entire booking of the block to accommodate him. And after whole thing the narrative that "NJPW needs AEW, because they don't draw without Omega" will get stronger. So its like you'll get some extra ticket sales, but probably damage your brand in the long run and screw up your wrestlers that are there every show.

And from another side I doubt that Omega himself really wants to do G1 and risk injury before their TV show starts. I'd assume that he might be back for some special singles match at some point like Jericho did recently, but nothing long term.

After the Jericho match, I expect Kenny to settle into the Kevin Nash role since he's proven himself as the greatest.

4 hours ago, Control said:

Ok so who is the small child tagging with Zeus and Hino?

4 hours ago, D.Z said:

Taishi Takizawa.

He is another K-Dojo grad like Hino. Its amusing you call him a small child seeing that he is taller than both Zeus and Hino. He had a short stint in WWE developmental though he never did any main roster stuff like KAZMA, also another K-Dojo grad.

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

He is another K-Dojo grad like Hino. Its amusing you call him a small child seeing that he is taller than both Zeus and Hino. He had a short stint in WWE developmental though he never did any main roster stuff like KAZMA, also another K-Dojo grad.

Tell that to his face.

He also had that creeper scandal where he was suspended for a long time from active wrestling. I think he was doing upskirt shit.

On 5/13/2019 at 12:29 AM, iowanole said:

Haven’t read a lot about BJW lately.  Seemed they were doing well with some non death match stuff for a while, but went quiet lately.  Anything of interest there?

Sekimoto's recent singles matches are probably worth checking out, as well as the two Violent Giants (AJ) vs Strong BJ title matches. Also hear good things about Daichi Hashimoto vs Okabayashi.

• Thanks 1