DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2019

Lawful Metal

I'm watching the live stream of the NOAH show, and they just announced something for August called the N1. I think they might be rebranding the Global League?

EDIT: Yep.

D21Ig9wW0AEM0A8.jpg:large

Edited by steve

If there's anyone who's long overdue for being a full-on heel, it would be Go Shiozaki.  I'm sure it really suits him well.  I admire Kaito for taking his lumps from two of the most sadistic wrestlers in the industry.  

3 hours ago, Evil Otto said:

If there's anyone who's long overdue for being a full-on heel, it would be Go Shiozaki.  I'm sure it really suits him well.  I admire Kaito for taking his lumps from two of the most sadistic wrestlers in the industry.  

I think he might become more heelish, but I doubt that they'll fully go with it. Kinda like Nakajima now is sadistic asshole, but when he was fighting against Hooligans he was clearly a face. I doubt that they'll cheat, but they'll fuck you up real bad.

That's good news for NJPW. He probably might get retraining and then join Lij. 

W-1 now only have 19 contracted wrestlers left not counting Mutoh, and the side project ACE seems finished and its workers are already moved to the freelance section.

Edited by D.Z

If New Japan will have you, you should probably go there. Things can always crater, but right now the checks have to be so much better there than anywhere else, even if you never get past the mid card. Beyond that... well, Ashino and T-Hawk are still valuable—but only the former is actually contracted to W-1. 

I don't think so and by looking at W1's attendance, it would seem many wouldn't especially now that Jiro fucked off (his title challenge on the 21st vs. T-Hawk did draw 1,484 tho).

I mean weird shit happens, but Ashino is like 100 lbs lighter than Ishikawa. He might have trouble wrestling as a heavyweight when surrounded by actual heavyweights.

AJ could use some juniors, though. That dude who was a finalist in their junior tournament was great, I thought.