DVDVR Message Board

Puroresu General Discussion for 2019

Lawful Metal

They want to be number 2 but know there's no way to overcome NJPW.  They're going to focus on merch sales first before expanding attendances.

They're going to be budget minded hence the reduction of renting buildings and reduce paying to recycle streamers. 

NOAH could pay to get back on NTV but nothing like that has been mentioned yet so far.

To be honest, I think I've only watched one or two NOAH matches total from the last several years, so I have no real reference to how good or bad the shows are now.

I did watch Marufuji vs Sugiura from last year coming off his CC run and TC match. But I immediately pretty much forgot about wanting to see more right after. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

To be honest, I think I've only watched one or two NOAH matches total from the last several years, so I have no real reference to how good or bad the shows are now.

I did watch Marufuji vs Sugiura from last year coming off his CC run and TC match. But I immediately pretty much forgot about wanting to see more right after. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

“Yuji Hino is now in NOAH”

me: better start watching NOAH I guess

”Yuji Hino has signed with Zero-1”

Me: well that’s that I guess 

• Haha 3

Zero-1 shows show up online and they have occasional stuff air on TV. I think 3 or 4 shows this year in one form or another.

Puroresudream twitter puts up the z1 stuff cause it's niconico stuff and some samurai stuff, eventually ends up in other places of note too. Ends on nefarious SOVIET sites as well. *cough*

NOAH "GREAT VOYAGE 2019 IN YOKOHAMA", 10.03.2019 
Yokohama Bunka Gymnasium 

1. Kenoh, Hajime Ohara, Hitoshi Kumano & Kinya Okada vs. Hi69, YO-HEY, Seiya Morohashi & Junta Miyawaki 
2. Yoshiki Inamura Moushin 7 Match Series 7th: Maybach Taniguchi vs. Yoshiki Inamura 
3. Akitoshi Saito, Shiro Koshinaka & Masao Inoue vs. Mohammed Yone, Quiet Storm & Mitsuya Nagai  
4. Takashi Sugiura vs. KAZMA SAKAMOTO 
5. GHC GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Yoshinari Ogawa & Kotaro Suzuki (c) vs. Tadasuke & HAYATA 
6. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title: Daisuke Harada (c) vs. Minoru Tanaka 
7. GHC Tag Team Title: Katsuhiko Nakajima & Go Shiozaki (c) vs. Masa Kitamiya & Eddie Edwards  
8. GHC Heavyweight Title: Kaito Kiyomiya (c) vs. Naomichi Marufuji

NOAH has also added a slogan, which I've seen generally translated as "fighting, with aesthetics." I get it, but I prefer to imagine the roster engaged in a kind of debate club, or removing the comma and suplexing Aquinas.

Edited by Beech27
  • Like 2

Liger has put so much time, sweat, blood, and tears into this business. Such a storied career, it'll be sad to see it come to an end, but the man deserves a beautiful sendoff. Looking forward to seeing what he'll do between now and January, and there will be tears in the Tokyo Dome next year. One of the best to ever do it.

Guest Edwin

Sucks to see Liger go. Legend.

Can't wait to see him show at the PC as a guest coach within the next 2 years.

On 3/5/2019 at 8:58 PM, FlaeBlazer said:

The new NOAH logo is here and it’s controversial to say the least.

Am I the only one who thinks they could do worse than to make the ring mat look like the "O" in the logo?