DVDVR Message Board

Doctor Who Omnibus Thread

odessasteps

So, nothing about Moffat leaving and Chris Chibnall taking over?  Or that there won't be any new episodes until Christmas this year?

When a best friend texted me the news, I said to him might we get a new Doctor to go with the new head writer like we did with Matt Smith/Steven Moffat in 2010. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Halfway through Doom Coalition 2: Electric Boogaloo. So far the Eleven is only in flashbacks, which is fine as I don't see him as a particularly interesting villain. I do really like the Liv/Helen companion tag team, though. Kind of dreading the River guest shot in ep 4.

I figured as much.  I've kind of assumed when they announced Torchwood that they had the rights to anything they could make, but were making piecemeal announcements based on which actors had time to work with them.  The huge slate of announcements that came last summer only reinforced that.

I find it amusing that River Song v2 will include Doctors 5-7.  Almost like they think a sizable portion of v1 sales might have been from people just coming in for the ep with McGann.

I never need another story where River Song has to help the Doctor without meeting him face-to-face because the "wrong" Doctor turned up.  Big Finish have done that story twice in three months, and both of them were perfectly enjoyable in a vacuum but mesh together poorly.

NuWho S1-8 will land on Amazon Sunday.  That's all good and well, but I want Torchwood and Sarah Jane and the classic series, all of which I had been rather enjoying on Hulu.  I REALLY hope Amazon didn't tank all that shit to get an exclusive and then only bother with a tenth of what they took from elsewhere.

I somehow managed to get my GF to listen to "Light at the End" despite the fact that she'd never seen ANYTHING pre-Eccleston.  She liked it enough to ask for more, and I'm trying to decide whether to start her with "Storm Warning", "Blood of the Daleks" or something else.

• 4 weeks later...