DVDVR Message Board

Doctor Who Omnibus Thread

odessasteps

I saw someone suggest Capaldi is really the first doctor and Clara is really Susan.

Which also makes sense and again would leave open the possibility that Matt Smith could come back as the Doctor. Matt Smith and his portrayal is probably one of the most popular Doctors in quite awhile (save for the Fourth Doctor). If/when Steven Moffat leaves or the shows get better, the Eleventh Doctor could stick around awhile longer and the fangirls would be happy (since sadly, fangirls are the reason the show is more popular). I don't think Moffat would be dumb enough to change the most popular doctor and lose quite a bit of their audience.

Basically have the Capaldi Doctor and Clara/Susan running around in the Doctor's time stream and re-live the Doctor's first adventures for however many seasons they want.

So if I was gonna start watching Doctor Who, where would I start? Tennant's run? Is Eccelston's season any good?

If you are only doing new who, you might as well start with Eccelston. Its only one season.If you go old school, i'd say start with pertwee or tom baker. Then go back and sample Hartnell amd troughton..

• 3 weeks later...

It's only for the Big Finish Audio continuing stories but... Ladies and gentlemen... Your new Romana.

Posted Image

Juliet Landau. She's playing a future version in the Gallifrey series (which are Romana II & Leela) of stories.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
BBC America announced today that it will simulcast the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special, The Day of the Doctor, in the U.S. on November 23, 2013. For the first time, Doctor Who will be broadcast simultaneously to millions of viewers worldwide in a global simulcast.

From the U.S. to the UK, Canada to Colombia, Brazil to Botswana and Myanmar to Mexico, fans in at least 75 countries spanning six continents will be able to enjoy the episode at the same time as the UK, with more countries expected to be confirmed within the next month.

The one-off special stars Matt Smith (the Eleventh Doctor), Jenna Coleman (companion Clara), David Tennant (the Tenth Doctor) with Billie Piper and John Hurt.

Posted Image

In addition, BBC America will be dedicating an entire week to Doctor Who in November, including the new film An Adventure in Space and Time, marathons and new specials to be announced.

Credit: ign.com

If it starts in England at 6:20 or 7:20, they can do Live "pregame show" on BBCA beforeit starts and one of those annoying post game shows (probably hosted by Hardwick) and make a 90 minute BBC show into a 2 hour block.

There are still systems without BBC America in HD?

Yup. Fucking Comcast...I just need to bite the bullet and sign back up with Directv. The Xfinity X1/X2 service is the fucking worst. I actually called them to ask to switch back over to a regular DVR and then HD set top boxes and they declined my request because they'll be phasing out the old tech, you know, the tech that actually works.