DVDVR Message Board

Doctor Who Omnibus Thread

odessasteps

• 4 weeks later...

The next Diaries of River Song box will be a confluence of Masters.  Geoffrey Beevers (the second actor to play the "crispy" 4th Doctor version), Derek Jacobi, Michelle Gomez and Eric Roberts are all confirmed to appear. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The new season is going to air sometime before the end of the year, isn't it?  Google doesn't turn up a start date.

I'm not much of a Who fan, but new show runner + Jodie Whittaker & Bradley Walsh has my attention.  Really hate her outfit, though.  Do fans generally like it? 

• 2 months later...

BBC America is running a marathon (and I think an interview tonight that's new?). 

We caught Doctor Dances last night. I hadn't seen it for at least five years. It's amazing how the production value/sets/lighting/costumes feel ten years off. It feels like a 1995 production. The rise of CGI's made everything way sleeker in the meantime. 

I was talking to a friend of mine at the Phiily Con and the new season and various things and definitely agreed Moffat was great when he wrote one or two episodes a season, but writing half and overseeing the others plus all the other crap involved being a show runner did him in. 

The first episode was pretty good.  It certanily had a differnt feel than the Moffat run.  Would like to see an intro next week, and I kind of dig the lost in space vibe with the missing TARDIS.  And I dig the new companions.

On 9/26/2018 at 2:19 PM, Betsy Zeidler said:

Moffat wrote great *moments*

RDJ wrote great *characters*

Based on the trailers, 13 is leaning hard on Tennant's performance

After seeing the first ep, I find she leans more towards early Smith (before he started playing it older.)