DVDVR Message Board

Doctor Who Omnibus Thread

odessasteps

I was including all the big finish stuff too.

At what point do you figure he developed suavity and sophistication? I am only as far as just about to start Faith Stealer. I generally look forward to the 8th Doctor stuff, but have found the Divergence Universe arc a bit slow going.

The Divergence definitely feels like less than the sum of its parts. I like Crizz and some of the basic themes, and "Scherzo", "History of Fear" and "The Next Life" are all pretty amazing. But it drags on too long and never really becomes a cohesive whole. And it must have been fucking BRUTAL listening to it as it was released.

"Flatline" was great. Last few have been really enjoyable. And despite his Debbie Downer attitude, it was nice to see the Doctor being a do-gooder again.

I think he's just defensive as Clara is such a wet blanket. . . 

Flatline makes me think a female Doctor is not a bad idea. As much as I like Jenna Coleman, she's not 'female Doctor' material. She's becoming the best companion ever in the last three episodes though.

It weirdly felt like a Matt Smith episode with Rose Tyler, if that makes any sense. Next week looks like "Dr Who does The Hunger Games" and my eyes can't roll fast enough.

Though one of my Doctor Who pet peeves is when the sonic screwdriver is used like it's a wand. I'd be happy if 12 broke it and never fixed it, a la 5.

Yeah, I agree. I thought that the 10th Doctor clearly said that the screwdriver wasn't a cure-all and there were some things he couldn't just fix with it.