DVDVR Message Board

Doctor Who Omnibus Thread

odessasteps

If they went with Capaldi I'd consider that a ballsy move. At this point I am prone to pretty much love whoever they cast in the role. But it does seem like a total departure of young, squee inducing, merch moving Doctor Who.

Which is precisely why I hope it's him.  It's always been a bit embarrassing to be a Whovian, but since 2005 it's been embarrassing in a totally different way.

I read someone's breakdown of how it could be Tennant. While it had its merits, I think that fucks with people a bit too much and is pretty weak. However, Tennant playing The Valeyard and being the big bad against John Hurt would be kinda neat.

Really? I've only been watching Who since 2010, but I've watched since the 2005 series onward. Not the least bit embarrassed. It's a good show.

The show's not embarrassing.  Some of the fans are.

Should have known that is what you were referring to. As a life long Star Trek fan I know all to well the bane that is "those fans". I mean it's a silly show, you shouldn't take it too seriously. 

• Like 1

I hope this means we get a guest spot from the kid who played Sid in Skins. 

As an aside, when I saw the picture of Capaldi with facial hair, I thought the new doctor was John Hawkes, which would have been amazing. 

I hope this means we get a guest spot from the kid who played Sid in Skins. 

As an aside, when I saw the picture of Capaldi with facial hair, I thought the new doctor was John Hawkes, which would have been amazing. 

First Doctor with facial fuzz?

Capaldi's casting went down well with the audience, good job it turned out well.

Now... If they can recast the writing staff.....

I agree -- I think an older guy as the Doctor is a great idea.

But if any of the episodes are like the episodes during Matt Smith's run, we'll be in for a rough haul. I finished watching the entirety of the 11th Doctor's run and I couldn't find an episode I liked that much. It was confusion for the sake of confusion. Well, I did liked "A Good Man Goes To War" and most of the episodes during Series 5 and some of Series 7. Series 6 was just bad. Whereas with Eccelston/Tennant's run, the bad episodes were few and far between.

They need to have Peter Capaldi swear as the Doctor.