DVDVR Message Board

Doctor Who Omnibus Thread

odessasteps

'Time Lord Victorious' sounds like it will be absolutely amazing or a mess with no in between, looking forward to how this shapes up.

For those that don't know, they've been doing watchalong tweetalongs of episodes the past few weeks due to the lockdown and there have been a few bonus videos recorded by people involved with the show to go along with the watchalongs. Here's some of them:

Day of the Doctor - Strax Saves The Day

Rose - Revenge of the Nestene

The Eleventh Hour - The Raggedy Doctor

Human Nature/Family of Blood - Prologue - Shadow of a Doubt

Human Nature/Family of Blood - Epilogue - The Shadow in the Mirror 

Rory's Story

These and other videos can be found here:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoRhKoBcGwcCT8YJBxKrWLw/videos

• 3 months later...

Completely missed the start of Stranded in June.  Gonna be listening to it this week; over the last few years 8/Liv/Helen has become one of my favorite TARDIS teams, and throwing them into the Third Doctor setup has some potential. Time War finally, mercifully comes to an end next month.

22 hours ago, rainmakerrtv said:

In a related story from the weather bureau, Hell just froze over.

Eh, Eccleston returning to Dr. Who isn't even going to make the top 20 signs of the apocalypse in 2020.

Does Big Finish pay that well or is Eccleston wanting to buy a boat while his movie projects are in limbo?  The little I've read about him over the years made it sound like he wanted nothing to do with Dr. Who.

Edited by Doc Townsend

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-08-09/christopher-eccleston-doctor-who-big-finish/

Eccleston finally started doing conventions these past couple of years and he says that the experience of meeting fans and feeling the appreciation for his work have helped him come to terms with the bad experience he had working on the show (it's 'healed' him). He even appeared at Gallifrey One in February, so that by itself was a huge step. I wouldn't be surprised if the current pandemic situation accelerated all of this happening, but it wouldn't even have had the chance of happening if Eccleston hadn't started doing convention appearances.

What really shocked me was seeing that it's for 12 stories. Would have thought if it ever happened it would have been a one off to test the waters. Really pleasantly surprised, his performance tends to be underrated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Will he be part of that big audio crossover? I’d love to hear him interface with McGann.

Based on the timing of this, it doesn't look like he'll be a part of it. Who knows if they sneak in a cameo appearance of sorts, but right now all indications are that Eccleston's not a part of it.

On 8/11/2020 at 5:38 PM, Matt D said:

Will he be part of that big audio crossover? I’d love to hear him interface with McGann.

"Time Lord Victorious" was announced as an 8/9/10 story, but the fact that (a) Big Finish have gotten much more willing to use impressionists for Doctors they don't have access to and (b) they announced that 5 months ago and only just now announced 9th Doctor audio makes me think "no." Pleasant surprise if he's there, though.  Since it's a multimedia project with attached comics and novels, it also wouldn't surprise me if 9's role is almost entirely in print.

• 1 month later...

After six fuckin years, the main Time War narrative is finally drawing to a close. The last set of the 8th Doctor's season is out today, and I think there's one more War Master set.  And now I need to go back and listen to the first 12 eps of 8th Doctor so that I can be not totally lost. I know that the original plan was to do one 4-ep set as the Last Eight Story as a special bonus before expanding to a season, but they really should just have put Ravenous on hold for a year when they expanded to a full season.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My 10 year old nephew's folks have just started him with Doctor Who. They started with Eccleston and they're into the beginning of Tennent. He absolutely loves it. He got pissed the other night when his Mom skipped the intro. I asked him, "You wanted to see the TARDIS fly, right?" I'll let this pic of his art project at school today answer that, I guess..

137391185_5143102462397111_8097707124397

Not bad for a toilet paper roll trying to look square, in my humble and violently proud opinion.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...