DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

Tenet

Newest Christopher Nolan

Basically I WANNA MAKE ANOTHER INCEPTION!!!!

The cast is insane: John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Kenneth Branagh, Michael Caine, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, a bunch of other people I am forgetting

• Like 3

Yeah, I have heard comparisons to The Matrix and The Adjustment Bureau in addition to Inception.

I have faith that Nolan will deliver the goods.  I have enjoyed just about all of his movies, even the ones that tried my patience.

At least he knows how to craft a trailer that piques your interest without spoiling anything.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Final Trailer for 1917

Already has its Golden Globe nominations. Expect the the Oscar nominations to follow

I will bring tissues.  The weeping will probably get very ugly.

Universal has announced it is doing a mega event dealie for the first trailer release of Fast & Furious 9

On January 31, 2020 they are basically doing a concert with Cardi B, Wiz Khalifa, Charlie Puth, Ozuna and Ludacris (in Miami)

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Tenet

Newest Christopher Nolan

The cast is insane: John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Kenneth Branagh, Michael Caine, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, a bunch of other people I am forgetting

M1YKMu1h.jpg

• Haha 1

The review over on Daily Grindhouse has Cats' only complaint as it is boring (cat comes in, introduces and sings a song about itself, rinse wash repeat). This person was apparently pissed at the "hivemind" that Cats looks scary, which I did not know existed when I posted it was. Sorry bud but that shit is nightmare fuel. 

My comparison to Showgirls was because it is a musical that will find a cult audience despite being terrible, and mostly among gay people. Dolfan's recommendation to go with your queer friends completely stoned is probably the best idea; I'm sure mine already have similar plans. I would probably have to eat some edibles and drink half a bottle of vodka before walking through those doors. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

The review over on Daily Grindhouse has Cats' only complaint as it is boring

This is my big worry. The movie can't possibly live up to the more extreme blurbs and is probably a bit on the dull side. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I just remembered that I actually DO know a furry, a friend of mine's brother; we all hang out when he's in town sometimes. I have to surreptitiously ask his brother if he's hyped about the movie.

Part of me wishes that Cats was part of a global conspiracy to publicly identify all furries for future mass extermination complete with facial recognition software being installed into every self-ticket kiosk on the planet.

• Like 1

Just now, RIPPA said:

Here is a not so dirty little secret

Cats the musical is boring

The music is fucking good to great but as a piece of storytelling not so much

You are humming Memories to yourself right now, aren't you?

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Tenet

Newest Christopher Nolan

d36zf38.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Here is a not so dirty little secret

Cats the musical is boring

The music is fucking good to great but as a piece of storytelling not so much

This is good to know. I was a bit curious why everyone reviled in terror considering the musical has been around for years. Is this just a general disgust people have with furries? Are the costume designs that much worse than the musical?

Edited by Eivion

10 minutes ago, Eivion said:

This is good to know. I was a bit curious why very one reviled in terror considering the music la has been around for years. Id this just a general disgust people have with furries? Are the costume designs that much worse than the musical?

No - this is movie specific

When you see the musical - it's humans dressed as cats. Here with the CGI - folks are "creeped" out by human faces on CGI cats. (Of course a lot of people would have bitched if it was cats with CGIed mouths)

Remember everyone hated Alita: Battle Angel before it came out because of the Big Eyes thing

And as referenced in the last few times already - the Sonic fiasco

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1