DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

50 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Because nothing's cooler than a bunch of almost 50 year old guys acting like they did 20 years earlier

Well, people have been paying musicians and wrestlers to do that for ages ? 

I wonder if they're gonna have a new set of idiots to take the falls that they likely aren't able to anymore.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

EMH35qRU4AAw0TE?format=jpg&name=large

Finding even halfway positive review blurbs for those post release ads is going to be next to impossible. I'm trying to imagine what they could scrounge up:

"It's like Howard the Duck and Faces of Death had a baby. A sexy CGI cat baby."
- Rolling Stone

"Was that Dame Judi Dench as a cat or are my meds wearing off?"
- IGN

"Well...you can't exactly unsee it."
- San Francisco Chronicle

"Taylor Swift is once again a tour de force. GO TAYLOR!"
- Swifties4Life.blogspot.com

"I'm glad I'm dead."
- John Cassavetes

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

16 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I am going to have to start a Cats thread:

I am intrigued and terrified by that statement but I think I am good with not giving away over two hours of my life in a theater watching a musical while surrounded by furries.

I will let you suffer through that horror in our stead and you can tell us how it went.

8 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Looks like we got a new Showgirls on our hands my friends

Financially horrible? Probably.

Sex appeal? Probably not.  

Showgirls was one of the most un-erotic erotic movies out there, but emboldened furries worldwide are fucking frothing at the mouth for this Cats thing to hit the screen.   

Count me out.  I will spend my hard earned dollars on the Last Jedi retcon fiasco coming out this afternoon.

Edited by J.T.

I disagree with David's conclusion that watching Cats is equal to the experience of dying.

Death is peaceful.  

If had made a comparison to Cats = Hell, I would have agreed. 

Hell is torment.

I am beginning to hate myself because I am an empirical person so while I read hilariously caustic reviews like that, the analytical side of me asks "How bad can this possibly be?" but I'm smart enough to conclude that buying a ticket would be a bad idea.

That can only lead to two hours of self loathing that I'll never get back so this movie can go pound sand.

I may be stupid but I am not a masochist.  I know that Dolfan is just goading me

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I want Cats broadcast directly to my eyeballs now

I am so excited

Jesus fuck, didn't you say just yesterday that you questioned the wisdom of your marital choice because your wife chose Cats over Star Wars?

What's it going to be, Judas?.

Burn in hell, furry..

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I have to see this with the biggest group of stoned gays possible.  

(Click the picture, because it actually keeps going.) 

This my friends is the best review of the decade.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Jesus fuck, didn't you say yesterday that you questioned the wisdom of your marital choice because she chose Cats over Star Wars?

What's it going to be, Judas?.

That was just my thinking she like Star Wars over Cats not anything else

She started dating me when she knew I was a wrestling fan. I already know she is crazy

• Like 2

To All The Boys P.S. I Still Love You

I am sure I am forgetting something but is the first Netflix sequel to a Netflix movie? (And they have already greenlit doing a movie version of the third book too)

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That was just my thinking she like Star Wars over Cats not anything else

She started dating me when she knew I was a wrestling fan. I already know she is crazy

Okay, you cleaned that up very shrewdly.  I am impressed because you chose better than I did.  My ex-wifey was crazy in a good way, but she did not accept my more severe nerd tendencies. We did our best to make it work, but shit ultimately fell through.

If there is another opportunity, I will try to do better.  If my next candidate for my new ex-wifey doesn't like roller coasters or superhero movies, that is an automatic no go.

At least I know better than to prowl the Cats movie line looking for single lady nerds.  The first date would probably be awesome but then six months in I'd be chained up and naked at the bottom of a pit painting tiger stripes on my skin.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1