DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

16 hours ago, driver said:

The Gentleman
Directed by Guy Ritchie
Starring  Matthew McConaughey, Charlie Hunnam, Michelle Dockery, Hugh Grant, Henry Golding, Colin Farrell.

Looks really good.

The unsubtle Guy Ritchie version of Long Good Friday is the vibe I got

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Richard Jewell story looks super interesting, however you can see Eastwood's personal politics just dripping through everything. Though, of note, the main newspaper that went after him was (and prepare for a shocker) the New York Post. I wonder if Eastwood will just conveniently forget that they're probably the most conservative paper in America.   And of course, the FBI investigated and completely exonerated him. 

It's kinda like Sully, where the real Sully insisted they change the names of the crash investigators because the movie painted them as such monsters, as opposed to, you know, real life, where they were just people doing their (very important) job.

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (played Black Manta in Aquaman) has snagged the lead role in the upcoming Matrix joint.

Talk about someone's stock going up.  He's got Watchmen and an episode of Black Mirror under his belt in addition to Aquaman, and now he's got The Matrix and the Jordan Peele / Nia DaCosta Candyman reboot about to go down.

Edited by J.T.

Jungle Cruise(2020)

The only good part of this trailer is where The Rock’s character appears to be running a Jungle Cruise scam. Makes me wish the rest of the movie was about the daily life of a scam Jungle Cruise operator, and not about Emily Blunt’s cliched lady explorer meets up with cocky action man to find a dangerous artifact that every evil person wants.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Per Deadline - Sony is working on a modern day re-imagined musical version of Cinderella with Camila Cabello playing Cinderella and Billy Porter being the fairy Godmother

It will be directed by Kay Cannon (who directed Blockers - the movie where John Cena tries to prevent kids from having sex)

On 10/11/2019 at 6:19 AM, RIPPA said:

Another Charlie's Angels Trailer

So according to Wiki, this film actually shares continuity with the two films and the '76 series. 

So I assume that means cameos.

Edited by Ace

On 10/11/2019 at 2:48 PM, RIPPA said:

Per Deadline - Sony is working on a modern day re-imagined musical version of Cinderella with Camila Cabello playing Cinderella and Billy Porter being the fairy Godmother

It will be directed by Kay Cannon (who directed Blockers - the movie where John Cena tries to prevent kids from having sex)

Rippa hates my earlier post about Billy Porter.

13 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

To be fair to RIPPA, you made it in the Movie Discussion thread which is not this thread or the right thread.

The last thing I need today is you arming Rippa with information to prove that he's right.

22 hours ago, jaedmc said:

I wonder who the all male version of Charlie's Angels would be.

Henry Golding 

Michael B. Jordan 

Tom Holland 

Catherine Zeta Jones as Charlie.

As much as I am morbidly intrigued by the Female Ghostbusters gimmick applied to Charlie's Angels, I am not sure if I ever want to see this theory proven in an actual movie.

Edited by J.T.

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Especially when you double post

I did a quick edit to comment on the all male Charlie's Angels thing.

I blame shitty US Government bandwidth for the double post.  Fort Polk internet is the worst, but at least I can spend my per diem on Louisiana seafood dinners for the next couple of days.

I am sure you'll give me a bunch of shit if you're on XB1 tonight playing D2.

Edited by J.T.