DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

Danny Trejo will voice Boots in the Dora the Explorer movie

The trailer for Dora and the Lost City of Gold debut this weekend during the Kids Choice Awards

As a reminder

Dora -  Isabela Moner

Swiper - Benicio Del Toro 

Dora's Parents - Eva Longoria and Michael Pena

To be fair - it is more them wanting the PG-13 rating and not the R rating

So my frustration is more directed - as per usual - at the MPAA

(Though I agree with the notion of why not wait to see what rating it gets and then react)

12 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

What 13 year olds are hyped to see an Elton John movie?

Probably the 13 year old who are questioning their sexual orientations, ironically enough.

I just figured that the number of high school students who care about Elton John, whether they're LGBT or not, would be very very niche. Not because Elton isn't worth caring about but because teenagers are heartless monsters who only care about right now. Not some guy their grand parents used to dance to.

I was talking to the teenager about Bill and Ted yesterday (actually, we started talking about George Carlin spinning off a religion conversation because he has been introduced to him somehow through youtube). He didn't remember having seen Bill and Ted though I showed it to him maybe when he was 12 or so. I did decide in this conversation that if they need a character in that sort of a role, they should really use Chris Rock. He's just about the same age that Carlin was (maybe even a year or two older?).