DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

I feel like when I posted the first trailer (either here or the horror thread) I felt the same way

Don't spend your money! We will tell you everything!

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I feel like when I posted the first trailer (either here or the horror thread) I felt the same way

Don't spend your money! We will tell you everything!

Yep, it's in the Horror thread.

I have avoided the BrightBurn and Hellboy trailers like the plague.

Just found out the Safdie brothers are directing a movie starring Adam Sandler, Pom Klementieff, LaKeith Stanfield and Judd Hirsch. Also appearing: the Weeknd, and the woman who did the voice of Elsa in Frozen. What a fever dream.

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Some of the action sequences actually look pretty good, but man, anytime Will Smith appears in this, it's the most unnerving thing, whether he's blue or not. 

I am glad that someone remembered that Aladdin in the cartoon is a parkour badass second only to the Prince of Persia and that this idea made it to the live action joint..

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Some of the action sequences actually look pretty good, but man, anytime Will Smith appears in this, it's the most unnerving thing, whether he's blue or not. 

Okay, yeah, that's going to make a ton of money because guys like me are going to take their nieces (or your own kids) and they're going to be awestruck.  That's what they're going for and that's fine.   

For all the talk of the genie looking weird, it's probably because we have a frame of reference.  For kids who've never seen the original, it should be fine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For all the talk of the genie looking weird, it's probably because we have a frame of reference.  For kids who've never seen the original, it should be fine. 

How many kids won't have seen the original though?

And if they haven't seen the original - why haven't the parents had their kids taken away yet?

• Like 3

BOOKSMART (RED BAND Trailer for language)

Starring:  Kaitlyn Dever, Beanie Feldstein, Jessica Williams, Lisa Kudrow, Will Forte and Jason Sudeikis

Directed by Olivia Wilde

Already seen "Female Superbad" describing it everywhere. I think that's selling this a bit short... and I love Superbad.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

How many kids won't have seen the original though?

And if they haven't seen the original - why haven't the parents had their kids taken away yet?

My youngest is 5.  He's seen the original 20 times already.