DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

I saw Ghostbusters when I was 5 or 6. So 85 or 86. My parents didn't say shit to me and that scene flew over my head until I was in my teens. 

Keep in mind, I also got to watch Caddyshack and a bunch of other stuff like Raw when I was really young.

New Trailer for Top Gun: Maverick

One thing I didn't know (or forgot) that they aren't keeping a secret in the written materials but I am just gonna spoiler tag it anyway

Spoiler

Miles Teller is playing Goose's son (nicknamed Rooster). 

I'm not a fan of Impractical Jokers, but it's always weird to me that Brian Quinn, the guy who was just a firefighter buddy of Brian Johnson (Steve-Dave from Kevin Smith's movies, also one of the Comic Book Men) and Walt Flannagan (Also Kevin Smith's friend and from the Comic Book Men) has a successful TV show that will now have a movie for it. Good for him.

On 12/17/2019 at 8:47 AM, RIPPA said:

I have some friends that work at Dahlgren Naval Station that love to laugh at this trailer.  In real life, the Navy would've made Maverick retire ages ago.

• Like 1

Technically there is no mandatory retirement age because the US military is prohibited by law from using age as a medical metric.

That being said, there are regs that keep you from applying for flight school if you are pushing 30 years old, but that wouldn't be a problem for Maverick since he's already an accomplished pilot.

The median age of seasoned military aviators is around the early to mid thirties.  Tom Cruise is nearly sixty and his character in Top Gun looks every year of that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

I have some friends that work at Dahlgren Naval Station that love to laugh at this trailer.  In real life, the Navy would've made Maverick retire ages ago.

I will not hear criticism of this fine documentary. 

• Haha 2

One of the cast members complained about his, er, member being erased by the effects team per The Daily Show last night. 

Personally the trailers for this creep me the fuck out. Like, no joke. It looks like a nightmare or some kind of bizarre fever dream. The fact that this is seen as normal actually disturbs me a bit.

• Like 2