DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

On 9/24/2019 at 9:57 AM, RIPPA said:

Uncut Gems

The movie has Adam Sandler, Kevin Garnett and Mike Francesa so it is instantly hateable

I saw this today in front of Knives Out. I was eating so I thought I was mistaken when i thought I saw Mike Francesca in this.

15 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Here's the first teaser poster for Ghostbusters: Afterlife

ELH5hUoXkAMT8_h?format=jpg&name=large

The teaser trailer is usually released within 24-48 hours of this, so be on the watch.   

Monday is when the trailer will be released. Vanity Fair has a pretty good article about their first look at the movie. It might be a little spoilery, but YMMV on that.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/12/ghostbusters-afterlife-first-look

Going to go back through and edit some posts.  

Just a reminder, if you're going to post a trailer, please give some info, like the name of the movie, the stars, and/or the director.  

It makes it roughly a trillion times easier to search to see if something's been posted already.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BurningBeard said:

My word that looks outstanding. Like a mix of Super 8 and Ghostbusters. At first I was worried they'd totally messed up the tone of it but wow.

I’ve already seen it called “stranger ghostbusters.”

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I presume the former. Also seem some disappointed with the lack of humor in the trailer. 

If people are disappointed because there wasn't much or any humor in the trailer then they should 1) Keep in mind that it's just a trailer for a movie that comes out 6 months or something from now 2) Go and re-watch the original Ghostbusters to see what the humor was like in that movie (dry as toast most of the time, but incredibly effective) and 3) Go and watch the trailer for Ghostbusters 2016 to see what kind of a shit show that thing is when everyone tries to get their shit in and make it all jokey and shitty.

The molds, spores, and fungus collection when they're revealing this is Egon's family was a nice touch. They'd better reveal Janeane is the grandmother. I hope Bill Murray and Dan Akroyd have more than just two second cameos at a key moment.

By the way, if you wanted to have a reason to NOT watch Richard Jewell. . . Let's try slander!

Kathy Scruggs (who died in 2001) is portrayed as sleeping with Jon Hamm's FBI agent character in order to get the Richard Jewell scoop.

There is absolutely no evidence that this occurred. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HumanChessgame said:

The molds, spores, and fungus collection when they're revealing this is Egon's family was a nice touch. They'd better reveal Janeane is the grandmother. I hope Bill Murray and Dan Akroyd have more than just two second cameos at a key moment.

IMDb says 

annie Potts is in the movie, playing her.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

By the way, if you wanted to have a reason to NOT watch Richard Jewell. . . Let's try slander!

Kathy Scruggs (who died in 2001) is portrayed as sleeping with Jon Hamm's FBI agent character in order to get the Richard Jewell scoop.

There is absolutely no evidence that this occurred. 

You mean that right wing pundit, Clint Eastwood, used this movie as an opportunity to take a jab at the media?

THE DEVIL YOU SAY~!

Oh, and I am all fucking in on the new Ghostbusters joint.  The only way it would be more perfect was if Michael Reaves penned the screenplay.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2