DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

BTW, since Black Adam is coming out 12/22/2021, I'm assuming Sherlock Holmes 3 is being moved off that date as it's about start production in a couple months. That probably means it may come out way sooner depending on how the post production goes.

The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run

There's a universe out there where John K isn't fucking insane, is still making high quality Ren & Stimpy cartoons, and is a celebrated billionaire.  

The short version of this story, is I hate every kid in the 90's that's responsible for this still being a thing

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:15 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run

There's a universe out there where John K isn't fucking insane, is still making high quality Ren & Stimpy cartoons, and is a celebrated billionaire.  

The short version of this story, is I hate every kid in the 90's that's responsible for this still being a thing

Did....did I just see Keanu Reeves as a talking tumbleweed? Am I having a stroke? Is this real life?

Per John Woo - Lupita Nyong’o will no longer be staring in The Killer remake (Scheduling conflicts cited as the reason)

Reportedly they will keep the gender swap and hiring another female lead... assuming this thing ever gets made

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per John Woo - Lupita Nyong’o will no longer be staring in The Killer remake (Scheduling conflicts cited as the reason)

Reportedly they will keep the gender swap and hiring another female lead... assuming this thing ever gets made

There was a script re-write which delayed shooting and dug into her schedule.

The re-write is also a sign for me that this thing will probably never get made.

Woo also wants to reboot Face/Off.  I'd rather he'd leave that one alone, but I sure could use a reboot of Hard Boiled though.  

Better yet, take the script from the spiritual sequel of Hard Boiled aka the video game Stranglehold and turn that thing into a movie.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

I'd probably prefer if he just collaborated with someone like Wai Ka-fai on new stuff and leave the classics alone. But I'll watch any re-boots anyway. 

Me too.  I think I could deal with a shot for shot reboot of Hard Boiled if they went full retard during the hospital shoot out.

Gunfights in the most inappropriate places are the best things about John Woo movies.

• Like 1