DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

You know, I forgot Carrey already did The Mask, which was a comic book movie. He's already put his stamp down there bigtime. 

Kick-Ass_Jim_Carrey_Stars_and_Stripes.jp

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Somewhere we got "video game" mixed up with "comic book"... probably when I wrote it on accident the very first time ?

Well, Sonic has been in comics for a long fucking time.

Up until Archie lost the license, it was actually the longest current continuous running American comic book a couple years ago.

11 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

batman_forever_jim_carrey.jpg?itok=F1Rgo

I have never been crazy about Batman Forever, but the track that U2 cut for the end titles was really good.

That song the Pumpkins did deserved to be in a better Batman movie.

Carrey was a far better Joker in this movie than Leto was in Suicide Squad, but Carrey was supposed to play the fucking Riddler.

I will always remember this movie for Nicole Kidman flubbing her own name and the botch making it to the theatrical cut.  Quality editing, guys.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Respect your elders dammit!

And yes I forgot that Nick Cave was on the soundtrack 

But I would have to respect the entirety of DVDVR then! ?

Mazzy Star, PJ Harvey and The Flaming Lips, too. C'mon now.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, J.T. said:

I will always remember this movie for Nicole Kidman flubbing her own name and the botch making it to the theatrical cut.  Quality editing, guys.

Or maybe Nicole Kidman just kinda sucks.  In The Killing of a Sacred Deer, she flubs a scientific term *SO BADLY*.  Any enzyme often ends in -ase, pronounced "aze".  She said "transaminases" (trans-am-in-azes) like 'trans-a-men-a-seas', because it was apparently too difficult to look it the fuck up first.  I didn't even recognize it, except for the subtitling that made it quite obvious what the intent was.

• Like 1