DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

3 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

It sucked to every extent that making a Jack Nicholson-less sequel to the Shining was always going to.

Could have made a passable sequel to Trainspotting though.

Odd.  Most of the early buzz I have heard from the sources I trust has been positive.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Odd.  Most of the early buzz I have heard from the sources I trust has been positive.

the most interesting part, Danny becoming a violent addict gets wrapped up ten minutes into the movie, with little payoff late in the movie.

Even this being replaced by him getting his shit together and being the guy that comforts people before they die in hospice isn't really explored anywhere near enough.

Far too much time wasted on these highly superpowered beings who can astral-project but still need to rely on Winnebagos to get from a to b in physical form.

The Total Eclipse of the Heart eyes was certainly something.

Didn't rate the bad guys otherwise. Felt like a rejected 80s Bond villain and the graphic child murders was unnecessary in the context of them hamming it up on screen. Credit for trying to bring a new mythology to The Shining. It just didn't make sense.

• Like 1

Bad Boys For Life

NSFW due to language (well and the dead body at the end)

You too can start a pool of which INSIDER~! is trying to kill Will Smith because it is always an INSIDER~!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Banker

Anthony Mackie, Samuel L. Jackson, Nia Long and Nicholas Hoult

Will get a limited release in Dec. Hitting Apple+ in January

Mackie seems to love working on stuff going to streaming services.  He was on an episode of Black Mirror (Netflix) and it was announced a while back that he'd been cast as Takeshi Kovac's new sleeve in the upcoming season of Netflix's Altered Carbon.

A guy's gotta work and you need to broaden your horizons to how shit will work in the future.  Print media is pretty much dead and episodic television also appears to be going the way of the dinosaur.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 10:17 AM, RIPPA said:

Soul

I liked what I saw up until the ghost stuff. They also already did Coco. So going back into the afterlife genre seems like a bit of a repeat. Also is it just me, or does the main character look like Martin Lawrence to anybody else as well?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

SCOOB!

Fred - Zac Efron

Daphne - Amanda Seyfried 

Shaggy - Will Forte

Velma - Gina Rodriguez

Scooby - Frank Welker

Blue Falcon - Mark Wahlberg

Dick Dastardly - Jason Isaacs

Captain Caveman - Tracy Morgan

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Jim decided that he had to surpass both Dennis Hopper and Raul Julia in comic book movie scenery chewing... I'm not sure whether to be admire him or be terrified. At the very least he is carrying on a grand tradition. 

He could've decided to channel Nic Cage...

• Like 1