DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

The Laundromat

Reminder that this is available starting Friday

I know I have made a similar joke before but when I see this cast, I know which movie I will blame when Netflix raises its monthly charge

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Lithgow in fat suit as Ailes was pretty left field. 

What I'm afraid of from watching that trailer is that the movie is going to be too funny about something that is deadly serious. They've got quite a high wire to walk there tonally.

The only thing I would say to that is that the trailers for Vice made it look like it would be too funny and while there are some laughs, the fucking movie turned into a horror movie that we're actively living in to the point where I felt like Jesse Pinkman and wanted to yell out, "HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!" 

That's how I think Bombshell will wind up. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 3:37 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Every time I see Adam Driver now I think of him intoning the word "Ghouls" in The Dead Don't Die. 

I always see him Force choking the shit out of Imperial admirals.

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Peter Rabbit 2

Sure why not

It's trailers like these that make me thankful that my daughter is sixteen now.

Edited by J.T.

19 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

New trailer for Marriage Story

Yeah, this is going to be a gut punch and a half for a lot of people. 

Yeah, even though my ex-wife isn't what I would describe as a good mom and she's garbage, there's still a lot here in the trailer alone that hits home and bums me out. Particularly the stuff with there being a kid in the middle.

I also had a therapist who was very Alan Alda-esque and I loved that guy. He guided me through one of the roughest parts of my life. Miss that dude.

I didn't see it mentioned here, and I totally missed it until today, but apparently on October 1st Kevin Smith announced Jeff Anderson and him have made up and he's writing a brand new script for Clerks III. So, you know, maybe this one will actually happen.

On 10/21/2019 at 6:42 AM, AxB said:

Bloodshot, with Vin Diesel.

Feels a little derivative.

And to segue off of this, Vin Diesel has announced that Cardi B has an unspecified role in Fast 9.

And it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel.... is just a freight train comin' your waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1