DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

11 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I've never seen Jungle Fever. Funny how satellite plays Do the Right Thing, Mo Better Blues, Clockers, Crooklyn, even School Daze but I never see Jungle Fever. 

I like how Fishburne was young enough to be an undergrad in School Daze but three years later, look old enough to have a seventeen year old son in Boyz n the Hood.

12 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Fishburne is 58, Gooding is 51 haha

In the film Selena, it bothered me they didn't try to find an older woman to play Selena's mom so they had to use bad makeup when they went to present day (when Selena became popular) at that time. Constance Marie, who also played the wife in the George Lopez Show, just turned 54. J. Lo is 50. But when you don't have an abundance of known actors whether they be African-American, Asian, or Latino, that tends to happen LOL. For us (African-American people), they have to import people from England by way of Ghana or Nigeria to play our historical figures like MLK and Harriet Tubman so under abundance is still happening.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

30 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Deadline is reporting that Sam Neill, Laura Dern, and Jeff Goldblum will return for Jurassic World 3

If a good Jurassic movie had been made in 20 years, I might be more excited. 

I hate, hate, HATE Jurassic World. I think my wife's comment about the movie was that Bryce Howard's character alone set women on screen back by about a decade. We never even bothered with watching Jurassic World 2 and we're people that will wind up actively watching bad movies to keep up with what they're reviewing on How Did This Get Made?, but Jurassic World 2 just seemed like a whole other level of bad.

Maybe the bigger thing about the third movie is that Colin Trevorrow is directing again and is writing it again with the same people that he wrote 2 with. So expect another shit show at the fuck factory.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Deadline is reporting that Sam Neill, Laura Dern, and Jeff Goldblum will return for Jurassic World 3

I’m actually sort of excited for this, if this is done correctly. What do I want done? Well, I’m looking for something satirical in the style of Robocop. Poking fun at the series, American Consumerism, some jobs being lost to dinosaurs, and maybe a little bit of a more modern Flintstones world.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

I hate, hate, HATE Jurassic World. I think my wife's comment about the movie was that Bryce Howard's character alone set women on screen back by about a decade. We never even bothered with watching Jurassic World 2 and we're people that will wind up actively watching bad movies to keep up with what they're reviewing on How Did This Get Made?, but Jurassic World 2 just seemed like a whole other level of bad.

Maybe the bigger thing about the third movie is that Colin Trevorrow is directing again and is writing it again with the same people that he wrote 2 with. So expect another shit show at the fuck factory.

These are more or less my feelings as well. The last Jurassic Park movie I enjoyed was 2, and I haven't watched it since I was kid partially so I don't hate it considering how many other seem to. Bryce Howard's character surviving Jurassic World was bullshit of the highest order.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’m actually sort of excited for this, if this is done correctly. What do I want done? Well, I’m looking for something satirical in the style of Robocop. Poking fun at the series, American Consumerism, some jobs being lost to dinosaurs, and maybe a little bit of a more modern Flintstones world.

They need to Gremlins 2 it.

• Like 4

Jurassic World 2 was way the fuck better than the one before it. It's stupid, but there's a scene where some genetically modified dinosaur is shot like the monster in a Gothic horror movie that is absurdly awesome.

It's my second favorite movie in the franchise.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 9:25 AM, HumanChessgame said:

The first Jurassic Park movie was my first time being disappointed by a book-movie adaptation. While I respect the quality practical effects, it's a mediocre at best film.

I would vehemently disagree with that assessment. It's an excellent movie and arguably the best book adaptation ever. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I would vehemently disagree with that assessment. It's an excellent movie and arguably the best book adaptation ever. 

It's a great popcorn movie and not even slightly close to being the best film adaptation of a book ever (I'd vote The Godfather, which is a fairly faithful adaptation, but it cuts all the worst things from the novel, while turning an okay book into a legit masterpiece)

Clint Eastwood's Richard Jewell biopic (titled Richard Jewell, duh) has been given a Dec 13 release date

That is the same day as Jumanji: The Next Level, and Black Christmas

However, WB is supposedly doing that because they want it out this year because they consider it a major contender for all the award shows