DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

16 minutes ago, elizium said:

I have no interest unless John Amos is involved.

But hopefully Louie finally made management.

If Sam's character doesn't show up as a reformed criminal who gave his life to God, then I can't rock with this film.

• Like 1

I'll be seeing C2A2 opening weekend. When I was a senior in high school I worked at a theatre. When I'd have usher duty, I had to sit in the back and watch the movie in case I had to go tell someone to shut up. So I saw a lot of movies many times. The two I never got tired of were Broadcast News and Coming To America.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elizium said:

I have no interest unless John Amos is involved.

Since Akeem is going to the US to meet a long lost son, I'm pretty sure they're going to shitcan his marriage to Lisa McDowell (Shari Hedley) as I'm sure that Cleo (John Amos) would have some hard questions for his son-in-law about how Akeem managed to father a child while romancing his daughter.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Since Akeem is going to the US to meet a long lost son, I'm pretty sure they're going to shitcan his marriage to Lisa McDowell (Shari Hedley) as I'm sure that Cleo (John Amos) would have some hard questions for his son-in-law about how Akeem managed to father a child while romancing his daughter.

There is a bunch of married rich people with outside kids who stayed married. Moreover, he lied (elaborately) to get into a relationship with Lisa in the first place. It's been established he has the ability to stretch the truth to say the least.

11 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

There is a bunch of married rich people with outside kids who stayed married. Moreover, he lied (elaborately) to get into a relationship with Lisa in the first place. It's been established he has the ability to stretch the truth to say the least.

Well, he went to NYC under the pretense of sowing the royal oats and there's the not so subtle joke of him regularly getting it on with the castle bathers, so Akeem hasn't exactly kept it in his pants the entire time. 

Edited by J.T.

Maybe Lisa's sister took the semen from the hand job she gave Akeem at the game,  saved it somehow, and turkey basted herself. 

What? It'd reference the one thing that always bugged me. Akeem never said "Lisa, your sister jerked me off."

I am just sad that Ameche and Bellamy aren't alive. I'd love to see what happened to the Duke brothers after their second financial windfall.

I'd like to think they turned over a new leaf, but my money says they probably picked up right where they left off.

Which reminds me.  Since all of this stuff took place in a shared universe before such a thing was made cool by the MCU, there really should be appearances by Billy Ray Valentine and Louis Winthrope III in this C2A joint.

• Like 2

The real dogs "cast" for the live action Lady and the Tramp

x2m9eblhir18udza6dzg.jpg

nxonyfwfj49knlvdszkw.jpg

Lady = Tessa Thompson

Tramp = Justin Theroux

Trust = Sam Eliot

Peg = Janelle Monáe

No one is sure yet if they are going to give them CGI moving mouths or just do internal narration

From an 80-year-old Francis Ford Coppola, relevant as ever: 

“We have the studio pictures, which we know are really the same movie over and over and over again, and then there’s this very fertile independent film business, which are all the kids I was referring to. That’s the cinema. The cinema is not the industrial cinema. The cinema is independent cinema. Even this second golden age of television comes from people who wanted to make films like we did in the 70s but weren’t permitted to, so they did it for television. We’re in a blossoming of cinema art, I feel. It’s just that they do it with their parent’s credit cards.”

Of course this is from a Guardian article about him recutting Apocalypse Now YET AGAIN so...

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Universal is shelving The Hunt. They’re saying it’s a response to gun violence. 

I was just coming to post about it

“While Universal Pictures had already paused the marketing campaign for The Hunt, after thoughtful consideration, the studio has decided to cancel our plans to release the film,” the studio said in a statement. “We stand by our filmmakers and will continue to distribute films in partnership with bold and visionary creators, like those associated with this satirical social thriller, but we understand that now is not the right time to release this film.”