DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Is Uncharted happening?   I've heard nothing about it in years. 

I know they've gotten an far as announcing Tom Holland as Nathan Drake and Chris Hemsworth as Sully. Rumors that Bryan Cranston is going to be in it. Beyond that... No idea

10 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Seems a little young to be Drake but I guess.. 

Well, they presumably want a franchise and him to do like three movies in six years, without becoming too old.

He'll be 24 when the movie comes out, fwiw.

Someone also theorized that it would be based on the "young Drake" portions of the video game (at least the first movie)

It is being directed by Dan Trachtenberg - who did 10 Cloverfield Lane

Chris Hemsworth worries me the most. That guy might be in real life a handsome smart cool guy, but he can’t act like a handsome cool guy. Which is who Sully is. I assume they got him for name value, but the new MiB proves that his name don’t draw when he’s at the top of the card.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

14 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I know they've gotten an far as announcing Tom Holland as Nathan Drake and Chris Hemsworth as Sully. Rumors that Bryan Cranston is going to be in it. Beyond that... No idea

Neither Hemsworth or Holland really fit their roles. This movie is either going to fail hard or feel like something unrelated to Uncharted despite its success.

4 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Chris Hemsworth worries me the most. That guy might be in real life a handsome smart cool guy, but he can’t act like a handsome cool guy. Which is who Sully is. I assume they got him for name value, but the new MiB proves that his name don’t draw when he’s at the top of the card.

I wouldn't pin any blame for MiB: I on Hemsworth. I think everyone and their mother could tell that movie looked like dogshit and was completely unnecessary.

(Except for me who foolishly thought that Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson were a great duo.)

Hemsworth hasn't been a draw outside of Thor but outside of Leo and maybe Denzel and Hanks I'm not sure who is still a draw anymore.  Maybe Cruise too. 

Edit:  I think it's fair to say Hanks is still a draw,  nobody would have watched Sully without him and it ended up doing great business. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT

12 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

Cruise's star has fallen.  He's been relegated to freakshow status with the insane stunt gimmick.  It'll come to a head soon enough.

Right now he is good through 2022 as his upcoming movies are:

Top Gun: Maverick

Live Die Repeat and Repeat (I don't what anyone else says - I am beyond excited for this)

and Mission Impossible 7 and 8

He will be 60 when MI8 comes out so you figure he will pack it in then

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Right now he is good through 2022 as his upcoming movies are:

Top Gun: Maverick

Live Die Repeat and Repeat (I don't what anyone else says - I am beyond excited for this)

and Mission Impossible 7 and 8

He will be 60 when MI8 comes out so you figure he will pack it in then

This means he will do several more until he can barely get around.

I can't work out if that tables film is self aware or if it is serious. Who's directing it, Tommy Wiseau? I seriously do not understand how it got made. 

In fact I just had to google "Is Ronda Rousey tables a real movie?" it's not on Imdb, so I am more confused than ever.

Edited by King Leonidas Of Sparta

4 hours ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

I can't work out if that tables film is self aware or if it is serious. Who's directing it, Tommy Wiseau? I seriously do not understand how it got made. 

In fact I just had to google "Is Ronda Rousey tables a real movie?" it's not on Imdb, so I am more confused than ever.

When it first came out - all the wrestling sites treated it like a goof parody video. But then a bunch of horror sites got it and apparently think/thought it was real and that is where the confusion came from

A Million Little Pieces

Starring (among others): Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Billy Bob Thornton, Charlie Hunnam, Giovanni Ribisi, Juliette Lewis

Based on the "controversial best seller" is one way to describe it

Phew... only Hollywood would be okay with just saying "we don't care, we'll make it a film anyway".

Wiki says the ending has him 

Spoiler

never relapsing. That alone should tell you not to watch this movie due to its willful ignorance of the truth. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Wesley Snipes has joined the Coming to America sequel

Also James Earl Jones is confirmed to return

I guess I'll have to wait and see how the Dolemite movie is received for me to judge whether or not Craig Brewer is capable of making this good, but I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Kenya Barris. Maybe this could work?

Speaking of the C2A2 (which will probably end up the name and I hate myself for putting it out there now)

Leslie Jones, Kiki Layne, Teyana Taylor and Michael Blackson are all part of the cast too.

And Louie Anderson would reprise his role too

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of the C2A2 (which will probably end up the name and I hate myself for putting it out there now)

Leslie Jones, Kiki Layne, Teyana Taylor and Michael Blackson are all part of the cast too.

And Louie Anderson would reprise his role too

Yes on Michael Blackson, Leslie Jones, and also Paul Bates coming back. No on Teyana Taylor and Rick Ross.

They can do this without stunt casting.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco