DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

1 minute ago, Swiftian said:

It's not really the same audience though is it? Star Wars is more for the mainstream nerds, and Cats is for old people (see Rippa's enthusiasm above)

Hey! I am the only person enthusiastic for Star Wars too.

But yeah - I think the most interesting challenge for Cats is the Speilberg version of West Side Story is opening on Christmas Day. Those are both in the same lane

And I still love that for a long time - Death on the Nile was supposed to open against Star Wars and Cats.

Someone finally had some good sense there to get the fuck out of dodge

Okay - Cats and Rise of the Skywalker are both Dec 20

There is also supposedly a Melissa McCarthy movie coming out that day called Superintelligence which is another of the "Melissa McCarthy stars in a movie directed by her husband". I doubt that is still gonna come out but who knows.

Then on Christmas Day it is

1917 - The Sam Mendes directed World War I movie starring pretty much every British actor ever

Spies in Disguise - the Animated Will Smith movie

Little Women - This version directed by Greta Gerwig and starring (among others) Meryl Strep and Emma Watson

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I would respond but I haven't finished my "Order of Cats of I Will Masturbate To" list yet

For those wondering - Judi Dench and Idris Elba are 1 and 2

Please stop sharing.

30 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

If those were my only 2 choices, I would pick Cats. 

Your opinions are as horrible as mine are sometimes.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

And I still love that for a long time - Death on the Nile was supposed to open against Star Wars and Cats.

Out of those three, I'd have picked Death On The Nile.

See?  Horrible opinion.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Someone finally had some good sense there to get the fuck out of dodge

The merger had something to do with that seeing as Death on the Nile is Fox and the Star Wars is Disney. That and Death on the Nile hadn't went into production yet which made it easier to move.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

We are all better off and some may be worse off with the implied knowledge that Anna Kendrick is not a furry.

I am sorry, Rippa.

6 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

So Jennifer Hudson gets to be the one to sing the movie versions of "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" and "Memory"...that's quite the resume of musical belt-it-out tunes...

There is still the stigma of getting caught buying the soundtrack at your local FYE.

Uh, do you have the Cats soundtrack.

It's on the Featured CD's endcap near clothing racks, YOU FUCKING FURRY~!

FYE cashier nerds will indeed call you out if your nerd passion is beyond freshness date.  I went to get a copy of Venus Wars on DVD and was told that the Anime For Old Men section was in the back near the posters.

Edited by J.T.

That Spies in Disguise movie looks completely and totally dreadful. We saw a trailer for that in front of Toy Story 4 and you could hear a pin drop. Reminds me of the shit quality of the last Will Smith animated movie, "Shark Tale."

On 7/19/2019 at 12:53 PM, J.T. said:

There is still the stigma of getting caught buying the soundtrack at your local FYE.

Uh, do you have the Cats soundtrack.

It's on the Featured CD's endcap near clothing racks, YOU FUCKING FURRY~!

Just imagine asking for it on vinyl. I think the immediate facial response would be worth a photo.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

The only thing that could stop Cats from dominating would be if WB announced they were fast tracking a Catillac Cats movie.

Now I'm imagining Jennifer Hudson belting out "Heathcliff, Heathcliff, no one shouuuuuuld terrify their neeeeeeeeighborhoooooood"

• Haha 2

On 7/19/2019 at 10:04 AM, RIPPA said:

Little Women - This version directed by Greta Gerwig and starring (among others) Meryl Strep and Emma Watson

Meryl Strep has quite the throaty voice. 

Just now, RIPPA said:

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

The Tom Hanks is Mister Rogers movie

Prepare for weeping. Or not you fucking robot.

I was just coming in here to post this when the notification of you adding a post popped up.

That trailer cannot stand on the rooftop and scream any louder "please give Tom Hanks the Best Actor Oscar!"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

That trailer cannot stand on the rooftop and scream any louder "please give Tom Hanks the Best Actor Oscar!"

I almost put that in my post since based on how Hollywood likes to vote - I can't see anyone else winning at the moment

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I almost put that in my post since based on how Hollywood likes to vote - I can't see anyone else winning at the moment

I swear to god, without having a watched a second of the trailer, I was wondering why you'd posted the trailer for the documentary again.  

Jeez.  That's the makeup Oscar locked up at least.