DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Like all other Akira productions, I bet this one doesn't happen too.

Taika sounds very passionate about getting this done and his track record is pretty good thus far. Plus, if WB can get Dune out in 2020, why not press your luck?

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

That's the second best idea I've ever heard for a live action Akira.

First remains DON'T FUCKING MAKE ONE.

Just for nerd rage purposes, I hope they keep cranking em out until every fan completely renounces that they ever saw the original. That is my hope.  I look forward to Uwe Boll's Akira in the discount DVD bin in 2030.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:41 PM, Swiftian said:

I don't think I've seen these awesome fake movie posters from the advertising campaign for the Tarantino movie posted.

Hide contents

D6jyV5gW0AESOTN.jpg

D6d968RUwAANgt9.jpg:large

D6-79CBUIAAnYcg.jpg:large

D6-788lU8AAMfA9.jpg:large

I would gladly pay to watch every single one of these

On 5/21/2019 at 8:44 AM, J.T. said:

Whannel is also supposed to direct the reboot of Escape From New York.  That will live and die on who plays Snake Plissken.

...and whoever replaces Lee Van Cleef. And Donald Pleasance. And Harry Dean Stanton... oh fuck it, its gonna suck no matter what. Hell, Carpenter ALREADY remade it anyway and that didn't work either.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

...and whoever replaces Lee Van Cleef. And Donald Pleasance. And Harry Dean Stanton... oh fuck it, its gonna suck no matter what. Hell, Carpenter ALREADY remade it anyway and that didn't work either.

That was called Escape From LA, and... It had a cool new soundtrack by Carpenter, plus the basketball scene was cool in a dumb way.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

On 5/1/2019 at 11:51 PM, jaedmc said:

I fucking love James Marsden in trash movies. That dude goes ALLLLLLL IN on whatever he's doing and I love it. 

I would say I'm going to watch this because it's Sonic and I was a SEGA kid - but - it doesn't feel like it has anything to do with the Sonic games I played so it doesn't illicit much nostalgia. BUT I'd watch it for James Marsden for sure.

I completely misread this and assumed you were talking about James Marsters.....Spike from Buffy. Not Cyclops. 

Doesn't really move the needle on my want to see this either way, but it could have worked.

Someone should have just cast Marsters and Marsden in the same movie and that would have resolved everything. Like how Michael Keaton never worked with Michael Ontkean.

13 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

That was called Escape From LA, and... It had a cool new soundtrack by Carpenter, plus the basketball scene was cool in a dumb way.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I actually liked Escape from LA.