DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

I have literally no idea what that trailer was.  Wasn't the rabbit the heel in the first one?   

At least Angel Has Fallen gave you some sense of the plot.   

The Invisible Man reboot will be out March 13, 2020

Johnny Depp is no longer involved. There is also no longer a shared Monster universe. This is a stand alone movie

Starring Elisabeth Moss and Storm Reid.

It is being directed by Leigh Whannell so I am almost wondering if I should have put this in the Horror thread

In fact reading the story further - all the movies will now be stand-alones that are "rooted in horror"

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Invisible Man reboot will be out March 13, 2020

Johnny Depp is no longer involved. There is also no longer a shared Monster universe. This is a stand alone movie

Starring Elisabeth Moss and Storm Reid.

It is being directed by Leigh Whannell so I am almost wondering if I should have put this in the Horror thread

In fact reading the story further - all the movies will now be stand-alones that are "rooted in horror"

Eh, IMO the novel and the movie are more sci-fi than horror even thought The Invisible Man is counted amongst the iconic Universal Pictures monster troupe.

Leigh probably got the directors chair because of the awesome job he did with Upgrade, which balances sci-fi and horror / suspense almost perfectly.  He's a good pick for Invisible Man.

Whannel is also supposed to direct the reboot of Escape From New York.  That will live and die on who plays Snake Plissken.

Edited by J.T.

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Quentin Tarantino:

D7AytoiXkAE6Ef8?format=jpg&name=large

No we will just the let trailer do that

Full Trailer for Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Good Boys

I feel dumber for watching that

BTW - the last two trailers I posted are NSFW especially because apparently you can say Fuck all you want in trailers now

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

No we will just the let trailer do that

Full Trailer for Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

A friend of mine once described Tarantino movies as not so much movies as "Hey, look at all this cool music I found"...   

Yup. 

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

I forgot that Dewey Crow was playing Manson. I also forgot that Olyphant was in this.

He's also playing Charlie in the second season of Mindhunter.

• Like 1

And besides, John Wick 3 has competition for the best action movie of 2019...

DOWNTON ABBEY

Starring Hugh Bonneville, Laura Carmichael, and Shiva, the Destroyer (whomst you know as Maggie Smith)

John Wick 3 was insane. Spoiler box just incase you've not seen it yet:

Spoiler

There was a knife fight, a samurai sword fight, pistols, revolvers, shotguns, machine guns, attack dogs, horses and motorbikes and Halle Berry kicking ass like she was a swat team member.

I feel like Keanu only said about 6 words the whole movie, and 3 of those were the word "gun".

I wish Halle only had 3 words too, as her dialogue scene was the low point of the movie, but I'll let her off as she instructed her dogs to de-groin just about every bad guy they saw after that.

Also I'm sure Wick was relatively human in the first film still, this film he reaches Jason Statham in Crank levels of invincibility. He's never out of breath either! I think I have PTSD.

I was not expecting it to be anywhere near as fun. Hobbs and Shaw is going to have a tough task of the most action packed movie this year after all.

Edited by King Leonidas Of Sparta

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Fast and Furious 10 is also 2021 so let’s settle down 

F&F only has one film that played on the level of this discussion man, and that was way back in part 5.

12 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

F&F only has one film that played on the level of this discussion man, and that was way back in part 5.

I am fairly positive there are plenty of people who would disagree with you on that. And that isn't factoring in Hobbs & Shaw