DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, EVA said:

Remember when Coolio got mad at Weird Al for not taking Gangsta’s Paradise seriously?

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yeah, well that mortgage doesn't just pay itself. 

I dunno why random white people (specifically on Twitter) are getting mad at Coolio like they ran this one by him and there is verified evidence he approved this. Get over it, nerds. Second, you hear "Gangsta's Paradise" and I hear "Pastime Paradise". Hopefully, Stevie is getting broke off for this too.

But yeah, I am seeing this in theaters to witness the unbridled cinematic carnage.

• Thanks 1

First, I don't like Jim Carrey.

Second, this looks like shitty Jim Carrey trying to tap into whatever glory he had in the 90s.

Third, Jim Carrey delivered the most bootleg, Goodwill, busted ass version of "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS."

Fourth, man, they really decided to make this movie all because people like the Quicksilver stuff in those two X-Men movies, huh?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Casey said:

HEY MAN. Maynard said anywhere from May to July ?

July...2025

That wine ain't going to make itself. Well, I mean, it kinda makes itself. You know what I mean.

Edited by Craig H

I don’t eeeeeeeeeeeeeven give a fuck. I grew up on the Sonic games, both cartoons, and the comics (eat shit, Ken Penders). You see a cinematic abortion, I see an excuse to walk in the theatre with a bottle of Canadian Mist, get one of those large Cokes with unlimited refills, and day drink my way down Memory Lane.

Edited by Super Ape
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So this is like Death At A Funeral and Hop all rolled into one for James Marsden now that he once again has a black female love interest and also co-stars with a CGI critter.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Super Ape said:

I don’t eeeeeeeeeeeeeven give a fuck. I grew up on the Sonic games, both cartoons, and the comics (eat shit, Ken Penders). You see a cinematic abortion, I see an excuse to walk in the theatre with a bottle of Canadian Mist, get one of those large Cokes with unlimited refills, and day drink my way down Memory Lane.

Being an infamous cinema drinker and a Sonic fan I honestly cannot argue with any of this

It's really intriguing to me that the trailer starts off like a late 1990s superhero movie, but by the end has moved to a mid-2kteen superhero movie aesthetic, then full on 2020 with the post-credit flash of Lazytown-esque Eggman Jim Carrey.

I've never been interested in Sonic, but this seems like more of a treatise on cinematic adaptations over the past 20-25 years.  Of course I could be reading too much into it. ?

14 hours ago, EVA said:

Remember when Coolio got mad at Weird Al for not taking Gangsta’s Paradise seriously?

I always loved that his complaint was "this song is about something serious. It's not like Beat It"

Because Beat It wasn't literally about the same thing...