DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

I think my daughter has seen Aladdin a few times. It's not her favorite or anything, but she still wants to see the new one too. I don't think I'll be going to the expensive theater for it though.

That Aladdin trailer was actually good though I think Smith is the weak point of it, at least when he is in blue. Will probably never watch Booksmart or Good Boys sans channel flipping and youtube clips people post randomly, but both trailers were funny.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:58 AM, RIPPA said:

Hotel Transylvania 4 is set for December 22, 2021 (which puts it against Wicked)

I hate all of you and your stupid kids

I accept responsibility for these damn things making money, as my kid loves the hell out of all of them. I thought I was free then they showed up on Netflix. DAMNIT ALL TO HELL

So.....

Director Jaume Collet-Serra (The Shallows, The Commuter, Jungle Book) will be doing a remake of Victory (or Escape to Victory depending on where you live)

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So.....

Director Jaume Collet-Serra (The Shallows, The Commuter, Jungle Book) will be doing a remake of Victory (or Escape to Victory depending on where you live)

The WW2 soccer movie with Sly Stallone and Pele?

7 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’m just happy Genndy Tartakovsky has been the director of a financially successful movie franchise.

Because of that dumb franchise, It took a million years but at least I finally got my series finale of Samurai Jack.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Pitt still looks a lot like Kevin Bacon, but with a nose prosthetic. He looks less like Bacon compared to the last set pic though.

He looks like the newspaper picture Nick Nolte's character took of propped up, dead Rafael in Under Fire. Creepy af.

• Like 1

TOY STORY 4 (finally a full trailer)

Starring Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Tony Hale, John Ratzenberger, and Keanu Reeves

A continuation of the existentialist crisis that comes when you anthropomorphize non-sentient items. 

(Also, this definitely suffers from Show You The Whole Movie syndrome.)

• Like 1

Oh my God. How have they not until now explored how attached a child gets to a toy they create out of junk? I've seen this happen with my daughter so she can't be the only one.

• Like 1

I have always found Andy to be an extremely abnormal child because all of the toys in the Toy Story movies are in pristine condition.  What kind of boy goes through life and doesn't break a single toy?  Even accidentally?

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Lucy in the Sky

Natalie Portman is crazy again.

And she fucks Jon Hamm

Her shroom do is not very flattering.  It definitely enhances her crazy, so I suppose it works in a way.

Edited by J.T.