DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

On 2/12/2019 at 8:56 AM, RIPPA said:

What the fuck did they do to Anne Hathaway?

Going off the thumbnail, it's like they said "Let's make her look like Penny Marshall" for some reason.

I guess this is a movie thing?

The Breaking Bad movie is confirmed to be a sequel starring Aaron Paul. Written and directed by Vince Gilligan. It'll be released first on Netflix and then on AMC. 

Seems completely unnecessary. But then again, I said the same thing when I heard Better Call Saul was being developed. Now I think BCS is better than Breaking Bad. 

7 hours ago, El Dragon said:

But, once more, I'm legitimately pumped for Frozen 2. The first is overexposed, but that is largely because Elsa is probably the most interesting Disney princess type they have ever done. Probably because I am pretty sure she was originally supposed to be the villain.

What brought you to this theory?

6 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The Breaking Bad movie is confirmed to be a sequel starring Aaron Paul. Written and directed by Vince Gilligan. It'll be released first on Netflix and then on AMC. 

Seems completely unnecessary. But then again, I said the same thing when I heard Better Call Saul was being developed. Now I think BCS is better than Breaking Bad. 

I was just thinking the other day about what happened to Jesse. Because for all the shit he took, he did participate in a lot of heinous crimes he was never charged for.

Like was there any follow up to the dealer they dissolved in acid?

Literally a stroke of genius move. I'm sure Frozen would still have been enjoyable with a generic snow queen villain, but would have probably fallen into the level of something like Brave. Good, but ultimately forgettable in the long run.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, elizium said:

Literally a stroke of genius move. I'm sure Frozen would still have been enjoyable with a generic snow queen villain, but would have probably fallen into the level of something like Brave. Good, but ultimately forgettable in the long run.

I don’t even think it would have been that. Elsa is the one thing in that movie that really elevates it to being good and not just a completely generic kids movie. She also is a character you can relate to as an adult and almost accidentally goes into something that feels very prominent in today’s world: A kid having to deal with a bad decision there parents made.

And that isn’t even touching Elsa’s natural appeal to the LGBT community. She was basically a mega character they made by accident.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I was just thinking the other day about what happened to Jesse. Because for all the shit he took, he did participate in a lot of heinous crimes he was never charged for.

Like was there any follow up to the dealer they dissolved in acid?

I assume he spoke of many of his crimes in his statement with Hank and was offered some immunity in exchange for x. X didn't materialize so... who knows what he's on the hook for?

Alternatively, the Nazis were in a criminal network that won't ignore his corpse's absence in the clubhouse/surrounding area. 

But for all his crimes, I'm at the point of saying Jesse's suffered more than enough. 

20 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Exactly!  As long as Gilligan and company are working on it, it's pretty much a slam dunk.  Who knew a series about the sleazy lawyer would turn out so amazing?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Exactly!  As long as Gilligan and company are working on it, it's pretty much a slam dunk.  Who knew a series about the sleazy lawyer would turn out so amazing?

I was thinking about this during the previous season, but I think the last season was a bit of a step back. It was still fantastic, but I think the wait for it was too long and I didn't care for a lot of the Jimmy selling cell phones angle. I also thought everything with Gus was flat. 

Anyway, I fully trust the movie will be awesome. Will this bridge what happens between the BB series finale and the start of the Need for Speed movie? 

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:33 PM, Contentious C said:

I have no idea who that is, but it made me think of Mr. Belding from Saved by the Bell dyed blue and playing the genie, and I bet that would also be more entertaining than Will Smith.

Your words intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Long Shot

Seth Rogen and Charlize Theron

Director: Jonathan Levine (50/50, The Night Before

They had me with using Modern Love in the trailer.

Plus I'm a sucker for romantic comedies.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Long Shot

Seth Rogen and Charlize Theron

Director: Jonathan Levine (50/50, The Night Before

No, lie.  I saw Longshot and was about to piss myself because:

LONGSHOT.jpg

but then I saw the screen cap with Seth Rogan and became deeply depressed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some release dates were announced/changed

The newest version of Dune (the one being directed by Denis Villeneuve) will come out on Nov 20, 2020

The next Bond movie has been moved from Valentine's Day to Easter 2020 (2/14/20 to 4/8/20)

Fast & Furious 9 has been moved from that Easter weekend spot to Memorial Day (5/22/20)