DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

I think it's more Mila drags her untalented husband along.

But I'll never get anyone complaining about Burton casting Bonham-Carter. Like, who out there is both that talented and that in tune with Burton's weird ass sensibility? Who would you rather see get those parts?

• Like 4

I thought just about everything looked fine...except Will Smith. Aladdin is one of my favorite Disney animated movies, if not my favorite, and I doubt this thing replaces the animated movie for me.

Honestly, I would rather see Aladdin remastered and re-released.

• Like 1

A sequel to Coming To America has been announced with Eddie Murphy returning as King of Zamunda who must now return to America because he discovers he has a long lost son. 

No title or other cast yet.   It will debut on 8/7/2020. 

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Frozen 2

No.1: this is totally something they just put together because the Aladdin reaction is so bad.

No.2 I am ready for kickass Elsa. Just the opening scene of her trying to master her powers into the ocean completely sells me without them giving anything away about the plot. Great teaser.

I honestly don't get what's so fucking bad about the Alladin trailer other than people LOVE to bitch and automatically hate shit that doesn't line up with what THEY think it should look like.

*Aladdin EW cover drops* "Why isn't he Bluuuueeeee?!?!?"

*Aladdin teaser trailer drops* "Why is he Bluuuueeeee?!?!?"

I saw someone ask if there'd *ever* been blue genies before Aladdin, and if not it's just lazy nostalgia.  They've been around for a thousand years in every form of media.

I don't have a problem with him being Blue, I have a problem with him being in that weird uncanny valley and it looking so obvious he's in front of a green screen.

oh, and that I haven't really liked any of live action versions of Disney classics, so I'm already biased against.

But, once more, I'm legitimately pumped for Frozen 2. The first is overexposed, but that is largely because Elsa is probably the most interesting Disney princess type they have ever done. Probably because I am pretty sure she was originally supposed to be the villain.

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

I honestly don't get what's so fucking bad about the Alladin trailer other than people LOVE to bitch and automatically hate shit that doesn't line up with what THEY think it should look like.

Will Smith's new media role amongst memesters is as the cringey dad who doesn't realise how horribly uncool and unfunny he is. Especially since YouTube rewind last year. If you're a kid, he's the guy it's cool to mock. Sad but true.