DVDVR Message Board

2019 UPCOMING MOVIES THREAD

RIPPA

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

HOLY FUCK, MARK MOTHER FUCKING DACASCOS IS THE LEAD BAD GUY ASSASSIN AND HE SHAVED HIS HEAD~!  WHERE ARE MY PANTS~??

They better give Reeves vs. Dacascos a lot more time that Jet Li vs. Dacascos got in Cradle 2 The Grave.

Jesus, the international list of extras playing assassin characters is fucking insane:

Yayan MOTHER FUCKING Ruhian, Cecep Arif Rahman, Tiger Hu MOTHER FUCKING Chen, Boban Marjanović, Vladimir and Vlado Mihailov, Danish Bhatt, Candace M. Smith.

Common coming back to reprise his role as Cassian is just bonus.

I think I am more exited about this movie than I am about Avengers: Endgame.  

I don't know what it says about me that I marked out hardest for Anjelica Huston, but I'll own it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I don't know what it says about me that I marked out hardest for Anjelica Huston, but I'll own it.

I think it's amazing how far the premise has spread since the first movie.  The franchise has a full blown mythology now.

I can only hope that the assassins played by Yayan Ruhian, Cecep Arif Rahman, and Tiger Hu Chen don't get jobbed out too quickly.

We probably have enough lovers of movie fight scenes on this board that know who these men are.

If not, Ruhian is probably best known as Mad Dog from The Raid:  Redemption (2011), Rahman was the Assassin In Black (FUCK YEAH~!) in The Raid 2 (2014), and Tiger Hu Chen has gained near cult status for playing The Guy In The White Suit That Would Not Stay Down in the Chateau fight scene from The Matrix:  Reloaded (2003).

Those three guys have been in three of my all time favorite movie fight scenes.  With Mark Dacascos playing Zero, my expectations for the action scenes in this movie are very high, but I am fairly confident that this movie will deliver the good shit.

2 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

I'm not really a horror guy I'm afraid (both in the context of this reply and in general)

Oh, I am just messing with you.  My sarcasm has been nigh-undetectable this week. :(

21 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Diegetically, I can understand how a guy 300 years old, living all over the world, would have a weird mish mash of accents. 

Now, Ramirez having a Scottish accent, ...

He had a shitty French accent before he found out he was immortal, man.

It made more sense for Ramirez to have a mish mash of accents since he was originally Egyptian and born in 896 BC.  He'd been alive for more than a century before he met and trained MacLeod.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Umm.... Common isn't in this one

He - in interviews - said he wasn't in it and he is nowhere to be found on the imdb listing for the movie

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Umm.... Common isn't in this one

He - in interviews - said he wasn't in it and he is nowhere to be found on the imdb listing for the movie

This makes me sad. 

I was looking forward the John Wick vs. Cassian rematch or better yet, the Cassian and John Wick vs. The World gunfights as I was sorta hoping the two of them would get past their differences and team up in this movie.

At least Ares (Ruby Rose) lived to fight another day, although I don't suspect that she will survive for long since Zero (Mark Dacascos) appears to be the featured antagonist at far as the action goes.

12 hours ago, J.T. said:

HOLY FUCK, MARK MOTHER FUCKING DACASCOS IS THE LEAD BAD GUY ASSASSIN AND HE SHAVED HIS HEAD~!  WHERE ARE MY PANTS~??

They better give Reeves vs. Dacascos a lot more time that Jet Li vs. Dacascos got in Cradle 2 The Grave.

Jesus, the international list of extras playing assassin characters is fucking insane:

Yayan MOTHER FUCKING Ruhian, Cecep Arif Rahman, Tiger Hu MOTHER FUCKING Chen, Boban Marjanović, Vladimir and Vlado Mihailov, Danish Bhatt, Candace M. Smith.

I think I am more exited about this movie than I am about Avengers: Endgame. 

The cast is ridiculous.

And I bet you Keanu was responsible for most of them. I'm surprised Donnie Yen hasn't been cast... Benny "The Jet" hasn't done anything in awhile, I bet he's available.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:14 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Reeves is one of the greatest action stars of all-time. He's been in so many great action movies that he can stack up with anyone.

He's also objectively a terrible actor unless he gets to play a guy who never changes register. He's dreadfully bad in dramas. He's wooden as fuck. He might be the worst ever at trying to pick up an accent. He nearly ruined Dracula singlehandedly. 

This is the most accurate description of Keanu I have ever heard. John Wick is one of my favorite series of movies ever and I CANNOT WAIT for this next one. Outside of action movies, if its not Bill and Ted....yikes. I think I still have PTSD from watching Knock Knock. Especially the free pizza scene

Oh man, forgot to mention this. I saw the trailer for Lords of Chaos, the Norwegian black metal movie last night and HOLY FLYING SHIT does that look like a piece of the trashiest trash ever to be excreted from the bowels of Vice. Being as how I am actually friends with Jon Kristensen (AKA Metalion) who was witness to all the exploits I refuse to post the trailer, but if you're curious, make sure you aren't drinking anything because it will come directly out of your nose. The funniest part may be that they have a young actress getting nekkid in it, as if these kids ever got laid back then while they were busy burning churches. 

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:07 AM, Elsalvajeloco said:

When I use to watch IFC, The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys would come on every other week. That was my reminder about the other Culkin brother.

I stopped watching IFC on the regular when Samurai Saturdays and Tartan Asia Extreme Cinema went the way of the T-Rex.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

I'm assuming they're going to flash forward or something since Tony Soprano would have been 8 years old during the 1967 Newark Riots.