DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

22 minutes ago, J.T. said:

You cannot dress for war all of the time. 

Sometimes in the quiet moments outside of the ring, you need to remind yourself that you are a pimp and a gentleman by dressing the part.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 1

When did ROH go from airing multiple matches on tv to only airing one or two in full along with highlights of others? I remember back in the Destination America days they aired more.

I thought this week's episode was good with Black/Bateman and Shane Taylor's match. The video packages for the ppv almost made me want to see the ppv. Rush vs PCO sounds interesting.

It should be mildly interesting to see how far up his ass Bully Ray's head is. He loses to Flip in a street fight at last year's FB, then it's right back to the same shit as if nothing happened after. He loses to Mark Haskins last night in a street fight. Instead of Haskins getting the shine, Bully Ray is getting face pops for teasing the Asian mist spot. If ROH has any balls, they don't change course and go back to their status quo. Like last year, Bully Ray should be off tv for at least six months.

The byline says he's leaving "for a few months" but the article makes it sound like he's finished: 

It was known in September that Cabana would be leaving and his final appearance was set for Friday night’s pay-per-view in Baltimore.

The Rush/Dragon Lee tag was indeed pretty fun. I'm a jerk and just FF'd through everything else but it was worth it. Kind of wanted them to stay with the limb work and deliberate pace, but it turned into a bomb fest instead. I'll still take that over a spotfest any day. Haskins is tiny but impressive; a Rings of Saturn will always make me love you, and that fakeout kick into the stiff elbow on Dragon Lee was worth a rewind. The part where the Mexicans had to go stand around waiting for the white boys to hit their dives was really stupid but aside from that this was good. 

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/rush-creates-la-faccion-ingobernable-roh-dragon-lee-and-kenny-king

RUSH Creates 'La Faccion Ingobernable' In ROH With Dragon Lee And Kenny King

During tonight's Ring Of Honor Final Battle Fallout TV tapings, RUSH revealed his latest faction, "La Faccion Ingobernable," an offshoot Ingobernables faction for ROH.

This incarnation of the Ingobernable faction consists of RUSH's brother, Ring Of Honor TV Champion, Dragon Lee, and Kenny King. In AAA, on the AAA Guerra De Titanes event, RUSH, Killer Kross, LA Park, and Konnan formed "Los Ingobernables AAA." Of course, in NJPW Tetsuya Naito leads "Los Ingobernables de Japon."

The faction appeared on the video wall when Marty Scurll was in the ring cutting a promo with Villain Enterprises including new ROH world champion PCO, the man who defeated RUSH at ROH Final Battle 2019 for the gold.

On 12/14/2019 at 1:41 PM, Hail Sabin said:

This week's TV has RUSH/Dragon Lee vs. Haskins/Williams which is really Fun. 

Lifeblood appears to be the boringest stable in the history of wrestling but this is two matches in a row- this and the 6 man against Villain Enterprises- that has completely ruled.  Rush and Dragon Lee bringing the assbeat was pretty sweet.

The six man was sloppy but fine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hammerva said:

Has any faction with Kenny King in it but really successful?  I mean I guess the TNA one a couple years ago with MVP, Low Ki and Samoa Joe but even that died a hard death

King had a good thing going with Rhett Titus as the All Night Express before King left for TNA. ROH was doing an angle with Austin Aries mentoring them before ROH stopping booking Aries in 2010.