Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Peck

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Archibald said:

This is second hands information, but supposedly WON wrote that Juice is moving to Japan and he is upset about those reports that he doesn't like working in RoH. Which begs the question, is Juice a stand up guy and didn't want such information to spread? Or did someone make that thing up? I think both options are plausible, unless I'm missing something here.

This is the exact blurb from the WON

Quote

Because Juice Robinson is moving to Japan, he not scheduled for any future shows. They are hopeful of bringing him fall in the fall but if he’s living in Japan, he’ll probably do every tour going forward in Japan. He told ROH officials he was very upset about reports that he didn’t like working there

It definitely comes across that he (Juice) thinks ROH leaked he was unhappy working there which he (obviously) says is untrue

I mean I could easily see Bully Ray making shit up about any number of people

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, alstein said:

These sorts of disputes with local TV stations are common.  It's the local TV station and DirecTV arguing on how much the local TV station should be paid.

Ah, like those DirecTV ads saying they and Comcast or whoever were mad at each other and to call X number and complain or else you might lose them entirely. Those things always get resolved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

 

What dream in hell involves Flip Gordon?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Web Conn said:

What dream in hell involves Flip Gordon?

New trending GIF on Giphy

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again Ring of Honor gets fucked by the Bullet Club and Elite by having to continue to push Flip Gordon as a title contender.  They spent almost a year with this goofy hazing gimmick with the Bucks that they can't just put him back in the mid cards where he probably belongs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't he lose to Taven during that Defy/Deny match? If so then he is not really a title contender, Rush is going to beat him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Archibald said:

Didn't he lose to Taven during that Defy/Deny match? If so then he is not really a title contender, Rush is going to beat him.

He did lose to Taven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, hammerva said:

Once again Ring of Honor gets fucked by the Bullet Club and Elite by having to continue to push Flip Gordon as a title contender.  They spent almost a year with this goofy hazing gimmick with the Bucks that they can't just put him back in the mid cards where he probably belongs.

 

They’re still trying to make Aldis a thing with this mystery tag partner match w/ the Briscos.

By the way, there is a non-zero chance his partner will be England’s favorite NXT and TNA washout domestic abuser failson himself.

This is why you don’t book Brits.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Super Ape said:

They’re still trying to make Aldis a thing with this mystery tag partner match w/ the Briscos.

By the way, there is a non-zero chance his partner will be England’s favorite NXT and TNA washout domestic abuser failson himself.

This is why you don’t book Brits.

It's summer break now, so Aldis partner could be Tim Storm. Willie Mack would be a more than acceptable last minute replacement for the injured Cabana.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AAA won’t let Mack wrestle for ROH that’s why he lost the National title in the first place.

Tim Storm as the replacement on a PPV wouldn’t be a let down. If you were gonna book a Storm, James Storm was just on their TV earlier this month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

AAA won’t let Mack wrestle for ROH that’s why he lost the National title in the first place.

Tim Storm as the replacement on a PPV wouldn’t be a let down. If you were gonna book a Storm, James Storm was just on their TV earlier this month.

I also thought about James Storm. Then, Storm turns on Aldis to set up an NWA title match on an ROH show.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I also thought about James Storm. Then, Storm turns on Aldis to set up an NWA title match on an ROH show.

Summer SuperCard perhaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 1:58 PM, RIPPA said:

 

I actually think that this will be a fun match and want to see it, so of course that's the night my boss asked me to cover for our latest batch of employee walkouts. Based on the posts that followed this, I'm guessing I like Flip a lot more than others here. I wouldn't run with him as a top guy but I do like him as an upper mid-card guy. IC Title level, maybe? I haven't watched ROH for a while so I don't know how the crowds are on him but at one point he was pretty over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I actually think that this will be a fun match and want to see it, so of course that's the night my boss asked me to cover for our latest batch of employee walkouts. Based on the posts that followed this, I'm guessing I like Flip a lot more than others here. I wouldn't run with him as a top guy but I do like him as an upper mid-card guy. IC Title level, maybe? I haven't watched ROH for a while so I don't know how the crowds are on him but at one point he was pretty over. 

I like Flip, but ROH advertising Rush vs. Flip as a dream match is going a little overboard. I honestly don't think there is currently any match combination ROH can put on that would be a dream match that doesn't involve New Japan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2019 at 9:42 PM, Infinit said:

So like twice this century? Lol

 

On 6/4/2019 at 9:44 PM, odessasteps said:

Imagine if the basketball team wins the title.

 

Lol.  odessa called it!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2019 at 5:17 PM, BrianS81177 said:

Defy is also hard as fuck to get tickets for. 

How do you mean?   They don’t normally sell out whole shows, and certainly not right away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I juat waitied too long the couple times I tried in the past

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a very disturbing sign: I am going to Toronto on 8/9 with a friend who is going to Yanks-Jays (we are headed to the Hammer the next night for the Ticats). I plan on going to the ROH show at MLG instead and checked on tickets. Cheapest is $50 CDN, which might explain the next fact: there are very few tickets that appear to have been sold. And keep in mind that's Summerslam weekend. ROH is in deep shit right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Who do they think they are, overcharging for such a shitty product? The Blue Jays? 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sabremike said:

This is a very disturbing sign: I am going to Toronto on 8/9 with a friend who is going to Yanks-Jays (we are headed to the Hammer the next night for the Ticats). I plan on going to the ROH show at MLG instead and checked on tickets. Cheapest is $50 CDN, which might explain the next fact: there are very few tickets that appear to have been sold. And keep in mind that's Summerslam weekend. ROH is in deep shit right now.

There is the very real possibility of Jeff Cobb, PCO, Brody King, Bandido, Mark Haskins, and RUSH leaving when their deals are up.

Remember, you can always fall farther when you think you're at rock bottom.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 bux in a week packed with shows.  Same night Destiny Wrestling has SCU, OVE, Tenille Dashwood, Josh Alexander, Joey Fucking Ryan.  Smash Wrestling is doing shows that whole week with Progress, Shimmer, WXW, OWE.  Wrestling fans are tapped out now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got amazing seats for the ROH show. Could be a good/great show if CMLL sends us main event talent and we get high end NJPW juniors.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I really hope Maria Manic gets a chance in Ring of Honor as she debuted tonight.   Unfortunately seeing how the Women of Honor has devolved into the WWE divas era product I am not overly confident.   Hell why not put her with the men she can probably beat the shit out of half of them.

Jesus there are a ton of empty seats at this show.  In a mostly dead crowd too.  I mean when you can't get fans in Baltimore then you are in trouble

Why in the world is the Briscoes and Ring of Honor basically the heel against the NWA.   

 

Edited by hammerva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I really hope Maria Manic gets a chance in Ring of Honor as she debuted tonight.   Unfortunately seeing how the Women of Honor has devolved into the WWE divas era product I am not overly confident.   Hell why not put her with the men she can probably beat the shit out of half of them.

Jesus there are a ton of empty seats at this show.  In a mostly dead crowd too.  I mean when you can't get fans in Baltimore then you are in trouble

Why in the world is the Briscoes and Ring of Honor basically the heel against the NWA.   

 

because ROH's booking sucks and makes little sense

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...